The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Only the good stuff, please

As the owner of a $150 Lotus original T SHIRT.........yes, that's what it cost me after paying import duty and air freight shipping charges from Italy.

There is no point in you stocking "trinkets" that can be purchased on Ebay.
So, you should sell the clothing.
Selling clothing requires an enormous investment in many sizes, and even then, you always find out that you stocked the wrong sizes anyway.

So, sell the exclusive clothing at a decent, sane price, but only bring the product in per order. Otherwise, you will certainly be unable to achieve a sustainable profit.

Just be sure to explain this policy to your customers, and advise them in advance of the necessary lead time.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I would be interested in some gear. It would be great if someone brought some swag to LOG. I can be more easily convinced to part with my $$$ if I can see and touch the merchandise.

Unfortunately very little official Lotus merchandise has ever been available. The new stuff seems to be a bit too trendy and sleek for a middle aged American if you know what I mean.

I would like a Lotus: dress shirt, tie (my Esprit tie is getting a bit long in tooth), jacket (our his and hers are getting a bit worn), pocket knife. A watch would interest me if it didn't follow current trends and was a manageable size. Reproduction coveralls - Team Lotus from the 50s and on would be great for vintage events and car shows.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Great News!

So just came off a board meeting with my lovely assistant Elizabeth (pics to come later ;) ) and the board has agreed to fund the Lotus Originals merchandising. I'm currently in the process of figuring out what price will be but time difference between both countries make it a little tough to get a quick response. That said, while you're under no obligation to purchase anything, I'd like to compile some sort of order from the forum members to know what exactly I should be stocking up on. Also, we plan on having a huge launch party for the Lotus Originals at Newport European which you will all be invited to. When you have a moment, please pm me or post what exactly you want to get understanding you're under no obligation to get it but it helps to know what I should stock.

Thanks,
Abe

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Good news! Do you have a rough timeline, your shooting for?

For me:

Racing t-shirt
Racing Polo shirt
Racing Cap (Looks like the Kimi cap is no longer offered- but if available would order).
Lotus F1 Ripper Wallet

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Good news! Do you have a rough timeline, your shooting for?

For me:

Racing t-shirt
Racing Polo shirt
Racing Cap (Looks like the Kimi cap is no longer offered- but if available would order).
Lotus F1 Ripper Wallet
We're shooting for the first week Nov. which should give us plenty of time to set up. Thanks, :up:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
of course this is after I leave..thanks a lot Abe

:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'm pretty sure if I added together ALL the T shirts I own (fills 3 large dresser drawers... pretty much all I wear) it wouldn't equal the cost of one of those Lotus shirts. Most of them are the 5 pack for $10-15. I don't get too heartbroken when one gets full of holes from welding, or some paint, grease, oil, etc on it.

I'd be a buyer of a shirt in the $15-20 area.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts