The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to say I just got back into Lotus ownership after my Elise was totaled back in Oct by being backed over. Now the proud owner of an '11 Evora, just waiting for her to make the trip from NYC to Austin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Congrats and welcome back! You sir may now move to the other line and pick your Lotus card back up.

Reactions: Phelise

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Congratulations! I'd be curious to read your impressions on how the driving experiences compare.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Congrats!!! Good to see your back in a Lotus. Enjoy and drive safe!

Gabe

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Congratulations! I'd be curious to read your impressions on how the driving experiences compare.
From my experience they share the same Lotus driving characteristics but the Evora feels more planted. You definitely still know and feel that you are in a Lotus...tho way more plush, less raw, its just more refined. Due to the difference in torque the Evora has more grunt and you aren't having to wring it out like you do in the Elise/Exige. My wife and I will take both out for a cruise on a nice day. We can be at freeway speeds and she'll hammer it in the Evora and just takes off on me....I'm running an aftermarket S/C in the Elise. They are each fun in their own rights...the same yet different if that makes any sense.

I love driving each one of them but the Elise just holds that "special" place in my heart just from it's purpose built personality. It hands down feels much more nimble than it's larger brother but the Evora is no handling slouch either, It really is just a bigger version that shares a lot of common traits in a larger package. You can't go wrong with either.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
a little harder to back over an Evora!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Great choice getting a Lotus of any stripe again! We enjoyed our 2nd just as much as our first, and just as special to experience!

·
AKA “Prolene”.
21 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks so nice in black that the headlight stick out a bit too much. I'd maybe look into adding some kind of gunsmoke colored film cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts