The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Lotus Owners Gathering LOG 30

28K views 148 replies 55 participants last post by  DeanG 
#1 ·
The 30th annual Lotus Owners Gathering was officially announced at LOG 29.

LOG 30 will be held October 8-11 in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. The track day will take place on the 11th at Summit Point raceway in West Virginia.

The final graphics and LOG logo has not been released at this time.

LOG 30 is provided by Lotus Ltd. and the founding chapter “Lotus Ltd. D.C.”

Back to basics - is meant to indicate an event where the people and the cars are the focus.

The LOG 30 committee is working hard to provide a fun filled, low cost event.

This was sign was shown at LOG.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Dean,

How about trying to do a two day track event like we did in Texas for LOG 26? I'm more than happy to help out both days.

Also, I'm more than happy to help provide some input/feedback for whoever is going to be coordinating the track day. I've got a few suggestions that I think could help the day run smoother and more effieciently. The LOG29 track day was GREAT. With a few extra simple things I think it could have been perfect.

Rich "I'll be going to LOG30 so I can run Summit Point!" S

#7 ·
I am in can't wait it will be my first LOG!

#8 ·
It's gonna be a cold LOG !!

#18 ·
That was my first thought when I saw the date.

#16 ·
THAT was worth doing !!.... great tour !

#28 ·
beaten by this much......

firstly i must say,everyone should be there!!!
secondly, at LOG 29 my wife Kate and i drove a 91 miata and my 05 elise....
we travelled about 2483 miles..... i say "about" because when i leave for a LOG i write down odometer miles but not to the tenth.....:eek:
sadly that is why my medal was stripped from me on sunday.:huh:
the "real" winner used GPS, and he travelled 2483.72 miles!!
now i had to admit at the time i couldn't put up a fight because my mileage is "rounded"
however when i was told that the real winner would "never" drive his car again if he didn't get the award. hmmm......
last time i was beat(by Kim at Dallas in '06, he drove to Florida on his way and beat me by 118 miles).... so i went out in 2007 and drove 6300 miles:coolnana:
well later after i had given the medal back, my wife asked me if i had included the sixty or so miles we drove around the day after we arrived in the hotel. .....two days earlier than planned....and two days before the "start" of LOG 29
so in essence James Bond and i did drive further. but i will not whine if my medal is not returned, i will simply set out for LOG 30 on August 1st!:nanner2:
yes kids my response to losing the long distance award is not "to never do it again" but rather a little demonstration of just how crazy i am......:crazyeyes
so yes i will regain my status as long distance driver even if i must wait until Oct 2010.....
my advice: dust off your Loti, start em up and drive em:shift: to Pennsylvania, but just drive straight there because you will not win the long distance award, that belongs to James and myself......:drool: say...10,000 miles 48 states? dean, i know you're out there......:no:

#30 ·
This weekend 18 Lotus fanatics joined together for another LOG 30 planning meeting (sorry about missing the July meeting). The big focus was on determining how to make this event fun for everyone.

The current outline for this LOG is heavy on driving events. An autocross is planned as well as a Monday day at the track. Many tours are in the works that will take advantage of the many Lotus oriented roads in the vicinity of Gettysburg. Other driving events were debated. Along with the driving events efforts are being made to secure guest speakers and arrange technical sessions. Expect future polls asking what events & topics are of interest.

Formal announcements of the various venues (e.g., hotel, autocross, concourse and etc.) will be forthcoming in the next couple of months.

The committee that seems to be having the most fun is the one charged with organizing the various meals. Several tastings have taken place and the committee members claim that many more will be needed.

#31 ·
I've enjoyed just about every LOG event, even the one that involved my painstaking decease of Blue Thunder in the CO mountains :wallbang:

All I can say is that "it sucked!"... but now I'm back in the game and still a hardcore Lotus enthusiast!. Currently enjoying the incredible Rossion Q1, whose roots (Noble) come from a strong following of the late Colling Chapman :bow:

I'm in for LOG 30 as well, and will be overwhelmed to see all my great Lotus friends again! :nanner:

SO.... that means that us FL guys need to start thinking about a caravan. I'm actually planning on a drive to Orlando from Miami, hopping on the Auto Train to DC, then the 130 mile drive to Gettysburg. Hope you FL guys are listening!

#33 ·
I'm actually planning on a drive to Orlando from Miami, hopping on the Auto Train to DC, then the 130 mile drive to Gettysburg. Hope you FL guys are listening!
If you go by Auto Train the you could possibly hook up with the DC crowd. Or at least that portion that isn't going early to help out with the set up.

If you have the time consider cursing up the Blue Ridge Parkway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.