The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 08 Elise (solar yellow) and was wondering if there are any Edmontonians still active on the forum? I would love to meet you guys!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I 'm from just outside Edmonton. Would be cool to see your car and talk about the Lotus.I'll have mine out in May.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm from Drayton Valley, but now live in San Antonio, I think I've only seen one Elise in the 18 years I lived in Alberta, where do you guys go for a good drive outside of the city???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, that more or less sums up the reason for seeing minimal Elige numbers in this area.One has to look hard for much more then a short series of corners.I think the better driving roads are in the Jasper and Banff areas and beyond in British Columbia.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm from edmonton. did you have an fr-s?

Actually I had a BRZ last summer but I lost interest pretty quick haha, not that they aren't fantastic cars but it was my second weekend toy so it didn't take long for me to want more.

What do you drive?

I would also like to know about some great driving roads just outside of Edmonton. I have found them before but usually by accident and never remember how to get back haha.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Actually I had a BRZ last summer but I lost interest pretty quick haha, not that they aren't fantastic cars but it was my second weekend toy so it didn't take long for me to want more.

What do you drive?
Are you the one that brought it to the YEG86 meet? If so, I'm sure peter mentioned my Exige

·
Registered
54 Posts
im in fort mcmurray

·
Registered
465 Posts
There is also Mike (posts as mpesik on the Esprit section). He just got an '89 Esprit over the winter.

I am in Calgary, but will be up to Castrol Raceways next Saturday for our first track day of the year. Was just looking at the long range weather, and I think it is only about 50 / 50 we will be able to run. Have only had the car out a couple of times so far, and it's snowing hard again today! :(

Stu

·
Registered
214 Posts
there is a season opener event for 780tuners (local car forum) coming up next saturday (may 3) right by united cycle. this is a link to the event page (you don't need facebook to see it):

https://www.facebook.com/events/1455128738032766/

would be great to get a small lotus gathering to go together!

i will also be creating an alberta lotus facebook group after my exams are done so hopefully it is easier to set up meets, keep in touch, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Guys, another Albertan chiming in here... I'm in Calgary though.

But looking at having a meetup in central Alberta (Red Deer/ Slyvan Lake) for the DeLorean club.. I'm sure a few Lotuses would be welcome, even if it mean my better half gets to bring our Lotus on her own.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts