The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Club meeting at star Motor cars on Old Katy Rd.
Saturday Jan. 10, 2009. 10:00 A.M.

Meet, kick tires, tell lies, and if the weather is nice go for a ride to find lunch.
Check out the nice new shiney yellow 2-11 looking for a new owner.

Be there! see ya.

Al B.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Im going to be at the track that day... Actually I think Im at the track almost every month when you guys have this meeting.. :(

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im going to be at the track that day... Actually I think Im at the track almost every month when you guys have this meeting.. :(
You really need to work on this anti-social behavior of yours and give the red beast a rest. Or, you could come and look at the 2-11. It would be nice to have another 2-11 to run with, especially since Geezer won't pony up and settles for some 40k low budget ride, which I will not pay for. :no:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You really need to work on this anti-social behavior of yours and give the red beast a rest. Or, you could come and look at the 2-11. It would be nice to have another 2-11 to run with, especially since Geezer won't pony up and settles for some 40k low budget ride, which I will not pay for. :no:
Would love to have the 2-11, but then I would have to buy a truck and trailer just to get it to the track..

·
Registered
156 Posts
Damn, I still can't make one of the meetings:(. I will be driving at MSR Houston all this weekend to prepare for next weekends SCCA race. Maybe I could just get to MSRH late on Saturday.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
gonna try and make this...... I would love to see a 2-11 and meet fellow lotus owners

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I might be able to slip away for a bit on Saturday now. Was planning on letting Barry use me as a moving cone on the track, but forgot about family coming in town all weekend. Killed my karting plans too!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Brian, I really think you have too many mods to attend a LOST meeting. You're going to scare most of them with your SC whine, loud exhaust, and your no warranty engine!

Heck, maybe Ill go too!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Brian, I really think you have too many mods to attend a LOST meeting. You're going to scare most of them with your SC whine, loud exhaust, and your no warranty engine!

Heck, maybe Ill go too!
Should not phase them in the least. I've been driving my no-cat, open exhaust, modified turbo Esprit there for years without a problem.
Just don't park to close to the tail pipe, would not want to see a burn mark on your bumper from the flame shooting exhaust. :D
What's a warranty?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Things have changed up a bit so I might be able to make it. Looks like rain on Saturday in San Marcos, so Im changing my track day to Sunday. Pending I can get up early enough I should be able to make it out.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Should not phase them in the least. I've been driving my no-cat, open exhaust, modified turbo Esprit there for years without a problem.
Just don't park to close to the tail pipe, would not want to see a burn mark on your bumper from the flame shooting exhaust. :D
What's a warranty?
lol, what's a bumper? :)

Actually I probably won't be able to go anyway...I forgot I'm supposed to meet a real estate agent out in lake livingston on Saturday. Maybe next time...!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We meet at Star every month on the second Saturday of the month. Number of people that show up varies. Yes the dealer participates and usually brings us up to date on the latest goings on at Lotus.
If the weather is nice the lunch ride could be out in the country side or just about anywhere in the Houston area. If you know of a good spot feel free to speak up and let us know about it.
By all means bring your Lotus, that is afterall the whole idea. The meeting is not a formal affair and membership to LOST is free. With LOG 29 coming up and the start of racing season getting ready to kick off there will be plenty to talk about, as well as ideas for future club events.
Great way to meet other Lotus owners in the area, learn about the latest mods, and find new ways to have fun with your car.
Hope to see you there.

Al

·
Registered
57 Posts
We meet at Star every month on the second Saturday of the month. Number of people that show up varies. Yes the dealer participates and usually brings us up to date on the latest goings on at Lotus.
If the weather is nice the lunch ride could be out in the country side or just about anywhere in the Houston area. If you know of a good spot feel free to speak up and let us know about it.
By all means bring your Lotus, that is afterall the whole idea. The meeting is not a formal affair and membership to LOST is free. With LOG 29 coming up and the start of racing season getting ready to kick off there will be plenty to talk about, as well as ideas for future club events.
Great way to meet other Lotus owners in the area, learn about the latest mods, and find new ways to have fun with your car.
Hope to see you there.

Al
Thanks for the reply. I think you misunderstood one of my questions though. I had every intention of bringing the Exige but didn't know if I should bring anything else as well. You indirectly answered that though so no worries.

As far as suggestions for lunch... I am new to the Houston area (here since July 08) and I live up near The Woodlands, not sure of a good place for food down there, only places friends have taken me to. Heck I don't even know of anything special up here! rotfl

I am pretty excited about getting involved in LOST. I have only had the Lotus for about 1.5 mos but boy has it been great.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Club meeting at star Motor cars on Old Katy Rd.
Saturday Jan. 10, 2009. 10:00 A.M.

Meet, kick tires, tell lies, and if the weather is nice go for a ride to find lunch.
Check out the nice new shiney yellow 2-11 looking for a new owner.

Be there! see ya.

Al B.
Al don't forget to talk about the lcs for 2009. I anticipate a late April early May first lcss event assuming we get the 23 needed. We have our first event on the west coast on the 23rd and we have 21 signed up with several more anticipated. We will cap the event at 25.
Its time to join the only lotus series exclusive events in the country.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I posted a write up about the event on our club website, (with link attached), as well as on the Dallas area lotus club site. Definitely planned on talking it up. Also plan on talking it up at a HPDE coming up in a couple of weeks at Texas World Speedway.

There was a mention of flyers for this series in an earlier posting. do you have any available that I could hand out. Something tangible will last in the memory bank longer than just a spoken word.

Al

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.