The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lotus Owners and Guests- Scenic & Spirited Vermont Run...Saturday September 20th

We are putting together an early Fall Lotus Run... of Rte 100 in Vermont. Rated by Road and Track Magazine to be one of the best roads in the country to drive on. This trip will also include some Mountain Passes along our way.

It can be an overnight if anyone is interested. The INN of choice is
here: New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast - A New Hampshire Getaway - Chesterfield NH Inn is near Brattleboro, VT and Delights with a Full Restaurant and Luxury Rooms for Friday Night September 19th.

As of right now there are 10 rooms available. People interested in the
overnight should book a room right away. There is a five day cancellation
policy, so we will keep an eye on the weather, the week of the 20th. Same
situation for the Saturday Cruise. This is a weather permitting event.

I am actively promoting the event and am expecting a group
driving up from the NY/NJ/CT area. The Inn is close to RTE 91 and Southern
Vermont.

For New England Lotus Owners in that area, meeting time is 8:45 at
the Inn for a 9am departure to Vermont. Street address for the Inn is 20 Cross
Road, West Chesterfield, NH

People traveling from Boston North and Southern, NH can plan to meet at the Hooksett Rest Stop Route 93 North (NH State Liquor Store). Meeting time is 8:45 for a 9:am departure to the Vermont Rest Stop on Rte 89 North (outlined below).

Everyone will meet up at the Vermont Rest Stop on Rte 89 North at 10:15 for a 10:30 departure North... toward our first leg of the scenic drive. The Vermont Rest Stop on 89 is between exit 1 and exit 2 in Vermont... approx. 8.5 miles from the NH / VT Border.

Here is an outline of the scenic drive: Click link

from:US-2 @44.296764, -72.686011 to:24 Main St. Bristol, VT to:43rd Infantry Division Memorial Hwy/Main St/VT-100 @44.165195, -72.832249 to:Court St/US-7 @43.960100, -73.116777 to:Lake Dunmore Rd/VT-53 @43.909063, -73.066454 to:VT-107 @43.824750, -72

Plan on Lunch in Bristol, VT between 12 and 12:30

The drive should wrap up around 4pm at Rte 89 exit 3 in Southern, VT

Notes: We may be a week ahead of peak foliage season in Vermont, still plenty of color to see. Early reports are that trees are expected to turn earlier this year due to the rainy summer season.

Same weekend at the British Invasion of Stowe, Vermont. We will not get up that far North so there shouldn't be any distraction.

We will purposely be doing the trip from North to South to avoid any possible traffic congestion and Peepers going South to North. Plus at the end of the Route we're half way home.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend, and how many for lunch.

This is a weather permitting event. Updates and all discussions related to this event can be viewed here

Thanks,-Jeff Torrey / Board of Trustees New England Lotus Club

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Looks great. As of now, I plan on going.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Eee-gad! I've had a rude awakening returning to work today...it seems I might have a work conflict for this event weekend...ugh! I'm gonna try to see if I can wiggle myself into still going, but it might be tough. So, I hate to say it, but I'm gonna have to reclassify my attendance as 'tentative / TBD' at this point... Hopefully the work gods will be on my side in the coming weeks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We are putting together an early Fall Lotus Run... of Rte 100 in Vermont.
It will be a more concentrated and complete drive as compared to the drive
in June.

It can be an overnight if anyone is interested. The INN of choice is
here: New Hampshire Bed and Breakfast - A New Hampshire Getaway - Chesterfield NH Inn is near Brattleboro, VT and Delights with a Full Restaurant and Luxury Rooms for Friday Night September 19th.

As of right now there are 10 rooms available. People interested in the
overnight should book a room right away. There is a five day cancellation
policy, so we will keep an eye on the weather, week of the 20th. Same
situation for the Saturday Cruise. This is a weather permitting event.

I am actively promoting the event and am expecting a group
driving up from the NY/NJ/CT area. The Inn is close to RTE 91 and Southern
Vermont. For New England Lotus Owners in that area, meeting time is 8:45 at
the Inn for a 9am departure to Vermont. Street address for the Inn 20 Cross

People traveling from Boston North can plan to meet at the Vermont Rest Stop on Rte 89 North at 10:15 for a 10:30 departure North toward our first leg of the scenic drive. The Vermont Rest Stop on 89 is between exit 1 and exit 2 in Vermont approx. 8.5 miles from the NH / VT Border.

Here is an outline of the scenic drive: Click link

from:US-2 @44.296764, -72.686011 to:24 Main St. Bristol, VT to:43rd Infantry Division Memorial Hwy/Main St/VT-100 @44.165195, -72.832249 to:Court St/US-7 @43.960100, -73.116777 to:Lake Dunmore Rd/VT-53 @43.909063, -73.066454 to:VT-107 @43.824750, -72

Plan on Lunch in Bristol, VT between 12 and 12:30

The drive should wrap up around 4pm at RTE 89 exit 3 in Southern, VT

Notes: We may be a week ahead of peak foliage season in Vermont, still plenty of color to see. Early reports are that trees are expected to turn earlier this year due to the rainy summer season.

Same weekend at the British Invasion of Stowe, Vermont. We will not get up that far North so there shouldn't be any distraction, unless we pass a car broken down (humor).

We will purposely be doing the trip from North to South to avoid any possible traffic congestion and Peepers going South to North. Plus at the end of the Route were half way home.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend.

This is a weatherpermitting event.

Thanks,-Jeff
Hello Jeff and all North East Lotus owners. I wanted to drop you all a quick note that if you are thinking of another Vermont run please consider Woodstock VT. I help organise the British Car show here every August (I'm a British innkeeper check out The Woodstocker Inn Bed and Breakfast is Woodstock, Vermont's inn, reflecting the simple charm and casual elegance of gracious, historic, New England home.) and want to attract British car owners to the village for events and short stays. I used to own TVR's in the UK and always aspired to an Exige...and as i want to buy a car next year I am starting to look on the net and came across your post.

Please do feel free to e-mail me direct at [email protected] as I'd love to have a Lotus event in Woodstock. We did have one Lotus at our recent weekend event but MG's seem to dominate. We have great restaurants to eat in and our own inn is award winning.....so please do check us out...i'd be happy to offer Lotus owners a special deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Vermont and Woodstock welcomes Lotus owners....

Hello Jeff and all North East Lotus owners. I wanted to drop you all a quick note that if you are thinking of another Vermont run please consider Woodstock VT. I help organise the British Car show here every August (I'm a British innkeeper check out The Woodstocker Inn Bed and Breakfast is Woodstock, Vermont's inn, reflecting the simple charm and casual elegance of gracious, historic, New England home.) and want to attract British car owners to the village for events and short stays. I used to own TVR's in the UK and always aspired to an Exige...and as i want to buy a car next year I am starting to look on the net and came across your post.

Please do feel free to e-mail me direct at [email protected] as I'd love to have a Lotus event in Woodstock. We did have one Lotus at our recent weekend event but MG's seem to dominate. We have great restaurants to eat in and our own inn is award winning.....so please do check us out...i'd be happy to offer Lotus owners a special deal!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Count me in!

Wow, what a lovely coincidence; I was planning to drive from Princeton up to Montreal ... will go via Vermont!

Sev

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
2 of us from jersey are going up, we can all go together if it works out...

·
Registered
3,827 Posts

Good to know, I'm in the process of buying a home in Plymouth.

As for the inn at Woostock, damn wish I knew you were there. I've stayed there numerous times over the years. My wife and I love woodstock.

Hope to see you guys on the 20th, but I can not give a 100% commitment yet.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
well hopefully mike has called the place-poke--poke--poke-

looking forward to this drive

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Hey - If I don't stay overnight what time are we meeting up in the AM?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hey - If I don't stay overnight what time are we meeting up in the AM?

For New England Lotus Owners in that area, meeting time is 8:45 at
the Inn for a 9am departure to Vermont. Street address for the Inn 20 Cross

People traveling from Boston North can plan to meet at the Vermont Rest Stop on Rte 89 North at 10:15 for a 10:30 departure North toward our first leg of the scenic drive. The Vermont Rest Stop on 89 is between exit 1 and exit 2 in Vermont approx. 8.5 miles from the NH / VT Border (or 8.5 miles north from the Intersection of Rte 89 and 91... on rte 89 north).

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
People traveling from Boston North can plan to meet at the Vermont Rest Stop on Rte 89 North at 10:15 for a 10:30 departure North toward our first leg of the scenic drive. The Vermont Rest Stop on 89 is between exit 1 and exit 2 in Vermont approx. 8.5 miles from the NH / VT Border.
What are the chances of a caravan from the Boston area to the VT rest stop meeting spot? Not sure if I'm right, but is that rest stop near White River Junction? Maybe it's best to leave from the Lakes Region in NH instead.

·
Super Moderator
3,119 Posts
There are three areas we tend to use when heading north from the Boston area. The two that work the best are the rest area at exit 1 in Salem, NH and the rest area after the Hooksett tolls, both on I93 north. Sometimes we meet on 110 in Chelmsford near the junction of 3 and 495 depending on who's going.

If I make this event I can meet up at any location.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
There are three areas we tend to use when heading north from the Boston area. The two that work the best are the rest area at exit 1 in Salem, NH and the rest area after the Hooksett tolls, both on I93 north. Sometimes we meet on 110 in Chelmsford near the junction of 3 and 495 depending on who's going.

If I make this event I can meet up at any location.
Hey Keeper, your car should be just about fixed by now, right?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I justed added the NH Rest Stop in Hooksett to the Route Itinerary. Problem is when I cut and pasted the original some of the links are not active. But if you scroll down to when Bignosedave quoted the original post they are live there.

The other issue with the NH Rest Stop meeting spot is that I will not be there, I will be staying at the Inn friday night and meeting everyone at the VT Rest Stop. So I could use a volunteer to manage the drive from the NH Rest Stop to the VT Rest Stop.

Thanks,-Jeff

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I justed added the NH Rest Stop in Hooksett to the Route Itinerary. Problem is when I cut and pasted the original some of the links are not active. But if you scroll down to when Bignosedave quoted the original post they are live there.

The other issue with the NH Rest Stop meeting spot is that I will not be there, I will be staying at the Inn friday night and meeting everyone at the VT Rest Stop. So I could use a volunteer to manage the drive from the NH Rest Stop to the VT Rest Stop.

Thanks,-Jeff
Is that the rest stop with the NH state liquor store, just past the Northbound tolls?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts