The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent thread about the Club11 NE BBQ there was some joking discussion about putting an apple pie in the boot to bake while driving around or even potatoes to make mashed potatoes.

At a recent autoX event one of the Lotus drivers bought a breakfast sandwhich before coming and it got cold on the way. So he stuck it on the hot engine and closed the lid for a few minutes - and sure enough - hot sandwhich! Here's the proof:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Used to do that with breakfast burritos on the trail with my Jeep when I was big into rock crawling. Wrap it in tinfoil before you go and throw it on the exhaust header for a few min to reheat. :D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since it kind of smushes it down when you close the lid - I kept hoping he could burn the lotus logo into the sandwhich! rotfl

·
Registered
855 Posts
During Desert Storm I would place the MRE hot meal packs on the hot section of the turbine engine after landing. About 5 seconds on each side is all it took for a hot meal!

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,392 Posts
Guys - I gave up searching but there is a book published that has all kinds of recipes that you cook on your car engine, so they are ready by the time you get to your destination!

·
Premium Member
11,872 Posts
"Manifold Destiny"

I did this on in 1965 on a GTO engine....but didn't write the book.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
wtf rotfl

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Oh, I have definitely cooked a burrito on the engine on a road trip. You have to tuck the corners of the wrapper up under the plastic plug cover on the engine. Pull over 45 minutes later and you have a hot burrito. I've found the Lotus engine a little harder to cook on that a Denali or BMW engine. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts