The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my opinions of the Lotus Performance Driving School. I know others on the board have been there and have completed the school with varied opinions. I, for one, have very little track experience, so for me it was a great learning experience. The braking exercises were interesting and it was nice to see how well the car could brake in a controlled environment, versus having to slam on the brakes on the street because someone just pulled in front of me. I also enjoyed the skid car, it was not a Lotus, but it was still fun drifting in a circle. The heel-n-toe exercises were interesting, I could do it with my WRX, but had a difficult time with the Elise until this course. They offered some tips with the pedals and I got it sorted out right away. It also helped that the car I was driving at the time was an 05 and had different pedals than what I am used to. It made heel-n-toe in my car much easier. The lead follow sessions were great, I enjoyed following the instructor on the track, since their lines were much different than I would have done on my own. I tried my own lines later in the hot lap sessions and theirs were much better than mine. I even enjoyed the little tips on hand position and such. The instructors were great and the facility was great. My comfort and confidence in the car increased over time and I thought I was doing relatively decent towards the end of the hot laps. While I could not keep up with some of the other drivers there, I never felt rushed or out of place. I would recommend the school to those that have little, or no, track experience. Overall, the class was a blast and a great learning experience.:coolnana: Sorry for the long post, but I thought I would share.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks for the review... Sounds like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would recommend Fall or winter. Since it is in the desert it can get really hot. It was about 70 degrees (perfect) for our class, but It is already about 90 degrees there now, we lucked out. It was still hot sitting in the Elise around the track, the air conditioners in our cars are hit and miss. One car I was in was very comfortable, while another one had air conditioning that was useless. I think the Summer classes have discounts, but the discounts have their own price in comfort.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
summer class is also earlier in the day (6-2 or something like that )and includes free hotel.

Spring Mountain is a great track, I went to the driving school there a few months ago and loved the place so much that I became a member of the track and will store my Exige there in the winters so I can fly out and race it...

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Is there a link to the Lotus Performance school?...Is there one in socal?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts