The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sat here chuckling at people being amazed at the seating position in the Elise (and ingress/egress).

I remember 20 years ago someone once demonstrating the 'Lotus Position' to me... He lay flat on the ground with his arms outstretched towards his feet making Brummmm, BRRRRUmmmm noises...

That's what it's all about!

Yoga is for wusses.... :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Lotus Asana (Position) and Miata Position)

Ur right ... my wife, a 100#, 5'1", Yoga teacher had no trouble at all popping in and out.

But, compared to my Miata the interior is small! Its like being in the cockpit of a race car (or at least how I imagine it). I love it!!

Much harder to get into and out of tho. The large and high door sill presents a real challenge... (I'm 5'9" and 165#)

I was rubbing elbows with size 0 wife. Your passenger could seriously get clocked when you shift if they aren't paying attention and watching out. Wife said I can't give rides to other girls ;-).

On the other hand Mark Starr, owner of HRM is tall! Maybe 6 Ft and he loves the car (as well as the Exige that was there which is his)

Also I found the pedals close ... with my clunky street shoes the soles were catching, no problem with sneaks or the like I suspect. I suppose I will have to change shoes when I get to work ;-)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Chuckle you might, but for people like me who've never driven a race car, kart, or exotic before, the seating position was a new experience. Keep in mind, the majority of people with deposits probably have relatively pedestrian levels of exposure to "the Lotus position" (which actually sounds like some kind of kama sutra position).

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all down to putting your leg in first - not your ass!!! Second leg has to follow suit just as you feel yourself dropping off the sill into the seat.

Now... if it's a 'lady' in a short skirt all of this advice should be totally ignored.... and about 5 steps back taken.

My wife used to refuse to get out if I parked outside the (busy) pub on a warm summers evening...:D

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Traditionally, to long term Lotus owners/enthusiasts, the "Lotus Position" is laying in the car, upside down, with your feet in the air and your head under the dash; fixing the wiring...:p

Tim Mullen - who spent many, many hours in the Lotus Position restoring his Elan...

·
Registered
724 Posts
i keep hearing about the getting in/out problem. how bad can it be? i had a 91 mr2 and never had any problems with it. is it much worse than that or is it even comparable?

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Have a MkII MR2 lowered ~1.3". The Elise is a couple inches lower then that, with the high sill and small opening with the top on & low seat... it wouldn't be as easy as the '2, just got to figure a method that works best for you.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
John Stimson said:
Saw the door of your MR2 in half lengthwise. Weld the bottom half to the car. Now try getting in and out. :eek:
LOL Funny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts