The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lotus Racing Green '05 Elise FS in San Francisco, CA, $24,500

Up for sale is my 2005 Lotus Elise. The car was purchased at Silicon Valley Auto Group in Los Gatos, CA and has an in-service date of October 04. Mileage is 21,400. Color is Lotus Racing Green (metallic). Options are touring pack (black), hard top, and Star Shield protective plastic coating for the paint.

The car is stock (including stock Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 tires with 80% of tread remaining (tires were replaced around 20,000 miles)), except for the following:

- Pagid Blue brake pads,
- fumoto drain valve for doing oil changes easier and quicker (hose is included),
- one piece of the star shield on the hood was removed as I found the line aesthetically unappealing,
- gunmetal finish on stock wheels (color very similar to the color of the sought-after European OEM wheels)
- iPod cable connected to the stock stereo (the less fancy one that does not allow control of the iPod from the stereo).

ALL paperwork is included with the car including all invoices for service checkups, warranty claims, tire mounts, alignments, original window sticker, manuals, paperwork, basically everything shy of gas receipts. Also included is a brand new car cover (the car is garaged so I've never used it), OEM front license plate mount (never mounted) and second license plate. No accidents, no paintwork ever. Garaged at night, parked at work outside during the day. California car for 100% of the vehicle's life. Registration paid for in California through 10/09, and will not need to be smogged until October 2010. Car has never been smoked in.

Car is owned outright, title is in hand. There are some rock chips in the hood (as is normal with cars driven regularly on the freeway) and some substantial scuffs and scrapes on the front fascia from driveway lips (see pictures). Priced to (hopefully :) ) sell quick at $24,500.

That's about all I can think of. Of course send questions my way, and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks for looking at my ad!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
FYI, re smog--if the car is sold to another CA resident then it must past smog as part of the re-registration process (i.e., the new-car smog exemption does not apply), and the cost of that smog test/certificate is the responsibility of the seller.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you still have the Hardtop?
Yes, I still have the hard top. Sorry it is not pictured. It hasn't been on the car in a while. It's in great shape.

And sorry for the delay in responding. For whatever reason I did not get notified of a response to this thread.

- John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, re smog--if the car is sold to another CA resident then it must past smog as part of the re-registration process (i.e., the new-car smog exemption does not apply), and the cost of that smog test/certificate is the responsibility of the seller.
Hi,

I collected this info from California Department of Motor Vehicles. Perhaps I am misinformed:

Vehicle Registration and Title Information

Recent legislation changed the requirements for vehicle transfers occurring on or after January 1, 2005. When you transfer a vehicle that is four or less model years old a smog certification will not be required. A smog transfer fee will be collected from the new owner. When a vehicle is more than four model years old, evidence of a current smog certification must be provided by a seller except when the following occurs:

* The transfer occurs between a spouse, sibling, child, parent, grandparent, or grandchild.
* A biennial smog certification was submitted to DMV within 90 days prior to the vehicle transfer date (a vehicle inspection report may be required for proof of certification).
2009 = 0 model years old...

2005 = 4 model years old.

:shrug:

Best,
John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Additional info

Since a few people have asked:

- No known mechanical problems, the car looks and runs great.

- No more warranty. It was originally a 3-year warranty that ran out in 2007.

Best,
John

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
watching intently. can't believe this hasn't been sold yet.
Thanks for the interest. Yeah, I'm sort of amazed. I guess since no one can get a car loan right now it doesn't really matter what the asking price is.

Just a few tire kickers have come to look at it, no one serious. :shrug:

- John

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for the interest. Yeah, I'm sort of amazed. I guess since no one can get a car loan right now it doesn't really matter what the asking price is.

Just a few tire kickers have come to look at it, no one serious. :shrug:

- John
Well, I am very interested. I might be able to take this off your hands in about a month, but I seriously hope somebody finds this deal before me, since you have been waiting so long to get rid of this thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts