The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whatever happened to the rumor mill about Lotus entering the Speed world challenge or the ALMS?

Did this ever happen or is it still in the works?

Is there any lotus Racing in the USA?

·
Registered
753 Posts
The SWC car had to change directions in the motor department. I am not sure if it will make the next race at Miller but I think they may make the Glen in early June. Should be cool except that the car has been given some weight.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they have a team site yet where i can go for updates?

Only 1 response?

Nobody likes Lotus Racing around here:shrug:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I don't think it is a question of liking or not liking. There just is not much to talk about in regards to pro racing and Lotus in the US. And not much news about that car, other than what Jordan posted.

We will be at The Glen in early June and I hope the car is there too.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
So whatever happened to the rumor mill about Lotus entering the Speed world challenge or the ALMS?

Did this ever happen or is it still in the works?

Is there any lotus Racing in the USA?
Just wanted to clarify, Lotus didn't enter into anything. A Lotus did, as in some racing team is using an Exige, but Lotus Sport isn't spearheading a racing team here.

·
Registered
723 Posts
That is a TT series. Not wheel to wheel. Big difference. TT is more like qualifying on your own. No race craft involved.
Correct about TT...:( but what are you talking about? :confused: I race my Cup car in PBOC Florida -- R4.:D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
That is a TT series. Not wheel to wheel. Big difference. TT is more like qualifying on your own. No race craft involved.
The aim is to be W2W next year...Rome was not burnt in a day:eek:

I think I know the difference between TT & W2W:shift:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHeagUuBiDo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wHeagUuBiDo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:shift:

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
so is it still the general consensus that a W2W racing class does not currently exist in SCCA or NASA where the Elise is considered competitive? I was under the impression that for at least the 2007 race season, the stock Elise was classed pretty poorly and doesn't really stand much of a chance. Yes, yes. I'm aware of the huge disparity among driver ability at the amature level. But in some cars, unless you are Michael Schumacher you don't stand much of a chance. Is this true of the Elise?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
There is a guy running an Elise in SCCA here in Texas in, I believe, "E" production. He seems to be doing okay against a variety of sport coupes incluing Porsches.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
There is a guy running an Elise in SCCA here in Texas in, I believe, "E" production. He seems to be doing okay against a variety of sport coupes incluing Porsches.
when he gets touched by another car it will be big bucks to fix the elise.
the other car will be in the pits with a hammer banging out the fender and back on track.
the elise will spend a years worth of of the other cars in the class racing budget on a simple repair.
that alone makes the elise a bad choice to race.
no way would i run the elise W2W. even if i was wealthy enough to do so, i would also be smart enough to know that there are much better choices out there to go fast in, and fix easily.
I think i would choose 2 racing a formula mazda, and a formula ford(both together would cost less than the price of the elise). maintenance is cheaper also.
the lotus is a cool car, but when you weigh in practicality and bang for the buck, it quickly becomes a poor choice, hence the low to non existant turnout of these cars at the tracks on the amateur level.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts