The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this in another board and passing it along.

Recall Results : ODI - Office of Defects Investigation

"LOTUS IS RECALLING 27 MODEL YEAR 2009 ELISE AND EXIGE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JANUARY 14 THROUGH MAY 5, 2009. THE REAR HUB FLANGE BOLTS ON SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY BE UNDER-TORQUED AND MAY BECOME LOOSE. IF THAT OCCURS, AN INSECURE HUB COULD LEAD TO DEGRADATION IN VEHICLE HANDLING, AND A RUBBING NOISE FROM THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE."

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Oh joy - I wonder if this is the same 27 cars that are affected by the Tesla steering recall - too much of a coincidence.

Guess I will have to wait and see if my car is included.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I came across this in another board and passing it along.

Recall Results : ODI - Office of Defects Investigation

"LOTUS IS RECALLING 27 MODEL YEAR 2009 ELISE AND EXIGE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JANUARY 14 THROUGH MAY 5, 2009. THE REAR HUB FLANGE BOLTS ON SOME OF THESE VEHICLES MAY BE UNDER-TORQUED AND MAY BECOME LOOSE. IF THAT OCCURS, AN INSECURE HUB COULD LEAD TO DEGRADATION IN VEHICLE HANDLING, AND A RUBBING NOISE FROM THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE."

Many of the affected cars are still in dealer inventory, and Lotus (also per Federal guidelines) is making sure those cars are checked/repaired before being delivered to customers. I just checked the three we have in stock and all were sufficiently tightened. Many times these things are just a small number (even just 3 or 4 can trigger a recall/campaign for something like this issue) of cars and as a precaution, the mfgr has all cars that used a part from a certain vendor, a part built within a certain date/mold or other production variable, or (worst case) assembled by a certain assy line section/employee.. Knowing what I know about Lotus, most of the cars in the VIN will be fine with a small number of cars actually having an issue, and this is a relavantly minor issue at that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts