The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Good news for me... Not Supercharged! Bad news... if what they did will mess with the N/A - mine was built during that period.

·
likes to drive fast
1,127 Posts
I am curious...did they put this out because someone's evora S caught on fire? No one on the forums?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think in this case, the saying of "Any publicity is good publicity", isn't good for Lotus at this present time.
Just when ya think getting kicked in the nards is bad enough, there's always someone or something that's always ready to jam a rubber fist up your arsehole.
Good luck Lotus

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
C'mon, Toyota is recalling 7.5 Mio cars at the same time. 80 cars from Lotus is not really an issue.

·
Registered
736 Posts
No, not really in that way of looking at it.
But Lotus doesn't crank as many vehicles in a year as Toyota or the other major players though.
Also, Lotus has enough issues as it is. This doesn't help their image right now though. Bad timing

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
About the build quality of 2010's?? Are we next. Is this same fitting as the Eliges??

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
... 80 cars from Lotus is not really an issue.
I believe there were only 80 MY2011 Evora S's shipped to the US. Since a NHTSA campaign only involves the US, it seems Lotus is batting 1.000 (better than A-Rod, I must say). TADTS

·
Illegal Alien
4,773 Posts
80 cars recalled, all "S" models out of 74 2011 Evora S's in US market. Well the recall does not match Toyotas of the other day of some 8 million cars as the worlds largest recall but a recall of 108% of the market is impressive nether the less.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ist that the same stuff they replaced with early S over here? I have an early demo, and it got oil lines and some other parts replaced before I could get grip on it...

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I believe there were only 80 MY2011 Evora S's shipped to the US. Since a NHTSA campaign only involves the US, it seems Lotus is batting 1.000 (better than A-Rod, I must say). TADTS
That's not hard... I'M batting better than A-Rod and I don't even play baseball lol.

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
I'll just assume my car is in this group. Sure would be nice to have this available at my annual service interval next month.

·
Illegal Alien
4,773 Posts
I'll just assume my car is in this group. Sure would be nice to have this available at my annual service interval next month.
Most likely, as from #'s looks like all “S” models and with recall build dates from February 2011 through September 2011. Actual total build dates of all US bound Evora’s NA and S was June 2010 to September 2011. I don’t see how my 2012 as while it has a build date of December 2012, from my own observation of the production line that September I could see that many of the 100 and some MY12 changes were already migrating into the cars. So unless the oil lines were a known definitive modification in Q4 of 2011 I would think early MY12’s have the same issue. The other question is if they changed in Q4 then why almost 1 year later is a recall just now happening?

On the humorous side, the car now truly enters the super car league, exotic looks, rare, not cheap, a driver’s car and a flaming torch along the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
I just had my annual service done. :( However, we identified several things that need to be addressed in the spring (I'm putting my car up for winter storage very soon), so I'll just add this to the list.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am curious...did they put this out because someone's evora S caught on fire?
Read the docs.

Looks like a part that could be fabricated by your local speed shop if you didn't want to wait for a dealer. Must really blow when it blows-- my old 911 leaks oil like Greek olive press but it has never ignited!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts