The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a shop that can change my stock shocks for Penski NA
Does anyone know of a shop in the Ocala, FL area.

·
Less is Better
2,656 Posts
The shocks are held in place with 2 bolts and there are two more per side for the shock towers. Literally any auto shop in the country can do that job. Pick an indy with a good Yelp score

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2018 Alfa Romeo 4C
842 Posts
The biggest concern will be the proper lifting of the car. Make sure you discuss that with the installer.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You might want to consult with Wirewheel for a recommendation since they are also in Florida (see: | WireWheel.com). Like others have said, it is a really simple job - with the only real concern being using the proper lift or jacking points. It will be helpful if you get a corner balance and alignment once the job is complete. It might be nice to find a good shop that can handle this all at once. Good luck - you will love the Penske set up.

For the lifting points - you could just show your shop something like this (see link below) or even the owner's manual:

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
If you are looking to enjoy yoru car on track...
May I suggest contacting Eyerace on this forum He may know of a nearby race prep shop who can do the changeover, set your ride height, corner weights (a scale pad at each corner) and check alignment. Prep shop labor is no more expensive by the hour than an alignment shop, but they know what they are doing for a car like yours.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts