The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm getting ready to bring my lotus in for its yearly service, and get a 'ppi' done cause I am looking into my options of buying/selling since I'm moving in 6 months or so. The shop I'm bringing the car to said there has been a software update pushed from Lotus that requires an update on their end before they can read an ECU dump. I wanted to know if anyone has heard something similar to this? This shop deals soley with Lotus' and is pretty reputable, but this sounds kinda weird. Thanks for your feedback!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Adding to what Brandon said, there is a recall for the ECU for vins not matching the car and would need to code it to your ecu. Typically an emission tests would have brought this up to your attention if you had that issue. Definitely not required, especially if you have a tune. It will wipe your tune back to the stock.

With that said, I can't be too sure if this is exactly what your shop will be doing. I would think they would have said ECU recall rather than software update. I would definitely ask more regarding what this software update does to your ECU. Keep us posted what you find out.

Reactions: MCBAZ

·
Vendor
1,239 Posts
They are probably referring to the Lotus Tech Centre being phased out/replaced by a new software/hardware package.
A lot of shops/dealers were caught off guard when they stopped working last month/early this month without notice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Talked to the shop, they were talking about not being able to upload new software to the ECU. They were still able to do the ECU dump/view engine codes and the like. Appreciate the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts