The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
The NYAS starts soon. I've gone pretty much every year for a very long time, but Lotus hasn't been there for years (usually it's Manhattan Motorcars, which may bring one Lotus, and a combination of six snarky/pouty staff who won't let anyone past the barriers anyway because they also bring an RR, a Koenigsegg, or similar, etc., although their service team is great) They're not even a listed exhibitor. Oh well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Turns out the big reveal is the electric car that none of us will ever drive. But seeing Lotus cars out there scrapping with Porsches is something that can really raise brand awareness. Winning would be even better...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,402 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
To be clear, the car under the cover was an Evora GT4 concept car.

Lotus also officially announced they are working on an electric hypercar, Lotus Type 130, which is in 'late stages of development'. The Type 130 was not shown.

Lotus also launched a website redesign during Auto Shanghai.

·
Registered
52 Posts
https://www.lotuscars.com/model/type-130

The Aston Martin Rapide E is also being developed with Williams, so that might give us hints on how the Type 130 might scale up. Two motors producing 602 hp, and an estimated range over 200 miles for the Rapide E. Maybe 4 motors for the Lotus, 1204 hp, less range?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
https://www.lotuscars.com/model/type-130

The Aston Martin Rapide E is also being developed with Williams, so that might give us hints on how the Type 130 might scale up. Two motors producing 602 hp, and an estimated range over 200 miles for the Rapide E. Maybe 4 motors for the Lotus, 1204 hp, less range?
There's a joke to be made here about British electrical systems and the fact that it's going to be an all-electric car.

·
boxerman
406 Posts
Its like electric assist bycycles, yamaha makes the power assist module.
Here lots does some CF moldings for chassis and body, they get the electrics elsewhere. Electrics make great perfromance "numbers" for magazine road tests and one lap tests. They have poor endurance when used as a perfromance vehicle and weight is the nemisis of anything that will work on track, not to mention edurance.

I dont see any game changer here. Meerly a headline grabber. Everyone is doing a limited edition hypercar these days, even a plethora of manufactuerers we have never heard of. its not some great enginering feat, its a majicians trick.

What counts for us is real light cars, with great powertrains. So far I see little to no evidence of this.

Maybe with Geely's investment in mercedes well see a new elise with a 400hp turbo charged Amg 4cyl motor, thats interesting. this hypercar is marketing puff.

·
Premium Member
6,297 Posts
US Legal Exige V6S would be my priority event!!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts