The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In LATE SEPTEMBER, we can RESERVE an OBSERVATORY and USE IT FOR THE THE EVENING! :cool:

Here's the plan::up:

Sunday Sept 28th
We meet at Chuy's/Islands for starting a short Lotus Drive in the Santa Monica Montains.
Starting Time: 4:30pm
Then, we go Grinder's Restaurant (Moorpark) for dinner 6pm
After dinner, we'll drive to Moorpark College OBSERVATORY for astronomical observing! The 14" Diameter Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope can be used for planetary and deep sky objects. If the sky is clear, we can see the Milky Way from Moorpark. Our menu will be Constellations, Stars, Star Clusters, Nebulae, Galaxies, Planets and a meteor or two.

The observatory has FIFTY (50) smaller telescopes and we'll check out these for your own celestial explorations! WOW!!!!

EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS TO INFINITY!:D
BLOW YOUR MIND INTO ASTRONOMICAL PROPORTIONS!:crazyeyes

The use of the observatory and telescope use are FREE(!), but they come with a committment. If you want to attend, you have to sign-up.

If you sign-up, you should show up!
(no flake-outs on the other events!):no:

Sign-up List:
1. Hal & Terry '05 SY Elise
2. You and your Lotus should be here

GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR YOU AND YOUR PASSENGER!:nanner:

When do you get such a deal? I'm giving you the stars on a silver platter....free! If you DON'T take advantage of this, you're REALLY lost in space!rotfl

--Hal

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
ok i have to go to one of these astrological runs

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
okay, I'm in.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
ok i have to go to one of these astrological runs
...astronomical...

...has anyone tried carrying a truss-tube dobsonian in the boot of her lotus?..does the engine bay heat cause cooldown issues in primaries under ten inches diameter?..any problems with the suspension beating up mirror cell collimation?..

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
...astronomical...

...has anyone tried carrying a truss-tube dobsonian in the boot of her lotus?..does the engine bay heat cause cooldown issues in primaries under ten inches diameter?..any problems with the suspension beating up mirror cell collimation?..
rotfl Actually I thought of that. But I figured it out by arranging a friend with a SUV to meet us at the observing site. He brings his 6" refractor abd my 5" APO refractor with "GoTo" feature.

At the observatory, there are 50 telescopes ready for us Lotus drivers.:D

Astrological? Don't start me on the difference between Asttrology and Astronomy!:mad:

Dragon and Shay2nak: I WISH most of the forum members in this area have your enthusiasm with stargazing!:bow:
Very few people show up at these ASTRONOMICAL events. Why? Probably it's FREE so they think the event must be BAD.:shrug:

Also...priorities, priorities.....

--Hal

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
rotfl Actually I thought of that. But I figured it out by arranging a friend with a SUV to meet us at the observing site. He brings his 6" refractor abd my 5" APO refractor with "GoTo" feature.

At the observatory, there are 50 telescopes ready for us Lotus drivers.:D

Astrological? Don't start me on the difference between Asttrology and Astronomy!:mad:

Dragon and Shay2nak: I WISH most of the forum members in this area have your enthusiasm with stargazing!:bow:
Very few people show up at these ASTRONOMICAL events. Why? Probably it's FREE so they think the event must be BAD.:shrug:

Also...priorities, priorities.....

--Hal
SPACE.com at times keeps me entertained for hrs and hrs.... :cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Don't start me on the difference between Astrology and Astronomy!
That what they made the :thwack: for.

Ok - I'll have to check with kelly but we might go!

Yeah the sights are awesome. Not only makes you feel connetd to everything else, it puts a lot of things into perspective!

After all whats a 47 in a 35 when there are billions of stars many many lightyears away zooming at incredible speeds?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After all whats a 47 in a 35 when there are billions of stars many many lightyears away zooming at incredible speeds?

No, not incredible speeds.....LUDICROUS SPEEDS!

Elise = incredible speed:huh:

Exige S = LUDICROUS SPEED!:eek:

Any interest in the Lotus Roads/Moorpark Observatory trip?
--Hal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts