The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to be vague, but I have a possible opportunity to buy a 64 S2 Seven LHD project and I'm looking for some help on its value. I can't share much except it's apart and mostly complete with a Cosworth 1500 non x-flow. It needs assembly and finishing, but the engine does run well I'm told, and the frame is solid and straight. Biggest missing item is the bonnet, but I believe everything else is there. It's been in dry storage for many years and I'm assuming if I get it that I'll end up going through everything. The current owner has no clue what the value is and I'm looking for a ball park figure to start with. Although I've seen the car in the past I don't have any pictures to share right now and I'm not 100% convinced the current owner is ready to let it go.

Any insite is appreciated given my limited description.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Will share more on car much later. Pictures just starting to be sent from owner. It may be better than I originally thought.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
Does it have a chassis plate
Has it been authenticated by John Watson
A correct bonnet is available from caterham [a true long length short scuttle non louvered with scoop]

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
You should ask this question on the USA Sevens web site. There are very knowledgable guys who will have the right perspective.

·
Registered
356 Posts
the genuine Lotus Seven market is down right now, having just sold an S2 for only $25K. it was running/driving presentable showable condition. so consider restoration costs unless you're going to keep it. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have an Amazing 1962 S2 for sale. #'s matches. SB1410. Fresh Ivey racing engine. Vintage raced for last 9 years. Includes 17ft V Nose inclosed trailer. TONS of spares: Fresh limited slip diff, Fresh,wide ratio gear box. The list goes on&on Still Street lic and reg in CA Have all the stock parts, top, curtains. Documentation back to new from England.
I'm getting ready to post an ad.
$43,000 for the package Monterey CA Tony 831 750 7102

1 - 8 of 8 Posts