The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
So for an independent shop that works on Lotus everyone mentioned Soul Speed. I went there years ago and they were great. But in looking at their website now it seems they are no longer accepting any vehicles for service.

Anybody in the Austin area know of any other good independent shops for Lotus service?

Also, where is the best place to go for bodywork?
SoulSpeed is still in business, but now they're at Harris Hill Road (the race track) in San Marcos, TX. Collin still has the alignment machine, tire machine & balancer, and can do most of the work they did before. I just had an alignment & new tires installed there. 512-832-1800

·
Registered
841 Posts
For paint and body work, Berli's is your best bet.
They are also very, very expensive. They quoted me $2,000 to repair the stone damage on one rocker panel. By all means, take your insured vehicle there for repair.

But, if you're paying on your own dime and you want a quality repair at a more affordable price, see 1st Class Collision. I've used them before to repair small to moderate clam damage, as have other Lotus owners whose vehicles see track time.

Austin Body Shop, Auto Body Repair Center, 1st Class Collision Center, Texas

·
Registered
436 Posts
+1 for Soul Speed.

Last week Collin mounted rear tires and did an alignment. After my toe link replacement, my car was squirrley all over the road and Collin fixed me up perfect. I couldn't have been more pleased.

·
Registered
55 Posts
For paint and body work, Berli's is your best bet. My Elise was in the dealership recently and they are easy to deal with and competent. If you haven't been there recently, go by and check them out in Cedar Park.
+1 for Berli's. No other body shop that comes close to their quality of work in Central Texas.

·
Registered
841 Posts
+1 for Berli's. No other body shop that comes close to their quality of work in Central Texas.
They are also very expensive. Their quote to get some minor paintwork and fiberglass scratches filled and resprayed on just one of my rocker panels was over $2000.

If you're paying for it yourself, you may be more satisfied with other options.

·
Registered
55 Posts
They are also very expensive. Their quote to get some minor paintwork and fiberglass scratches filled and resprayed on just one of my rocker panels was over $2000.

If you're paying for it yourself, you may be more satisfied with other options.
I have used Berli's many times over the years for various vehicles and they were never too expensive given the quality of work. They are definitely not the cheapest body shop in town.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Another +1 for SoulSpeed Performance. I had an oil change and a check up done by Collin and will head back again in the future!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts