The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for Lotus service near Baltimore? I used Criswell for years, but they seem to be no longer in the business. EuroMotorcars in Bethesda is now apparently doing Lotus service, but I'd like to find something closer to home, especially for non- warranty work. Suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
BEHE Performance works on mine and several other local cars. Good guys.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was also curious about this. Is BEHE Performance "Lotus certified" and whatnot?

Also, rrg, do you park in the Grand garage by N Paca and W Fayette?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
You might want to contact British Racing Group as I believe they have a shop in that area that does Lotus work especially for the track guys.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was also curious about this. Is BEHE Performance "Lotus certified" and whatnot?
Not sure about certified or what that means, but they can't do factory warranty work. I use them after market warranty repairs. They did my heater fan resister pack, oil cooler lines and shift cables.

For non-Lotus specific stuff I use Neubuer's, such as tire mounting, alignment and chasing down an elusive CEL.

I haven't tried them but Yesteryear Motorsports was also recommended to me.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
BEHE is good. Treasured Motorcars in Owings Mills can work on them. Neither can do warranty work as they are not Lotus dealers.

TM built it's rep working on vintage cars of all kinds. It's amazing what's in their shop at any given time. They've worked on many Esprit and older cars. They worked on my Esprit and two of my Europas. They also work on vintage race cars.

They've recently been working on Elise/exige. They are very competent, careful car people who respect the cars.

As for British Group's shop...if that's Yesteryear Motorsports, they can work on them, if they are still open. The business model has been a bit shakey, some customer cars have been known sit for a long time before work is done.

As stated now I believe they work primarily on race car support, particularly what's left of the 3 X180R Esprits that were in the area (I think at least one is for sale or has been sold)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts