The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone. Been a while since I posted here.

I have an '05 Elise that needs some general service -- oil change, brake pads, etc. It also may need some warranty work -- the gas pedal linkage cable seems to have a problem and it's *really* hard to push the pedal that last satisfying bit to get WOT. And I think one of the coil packs may have a problem as well.

The car has the Forcedfed turbo kit and accusump, though, so I'm hoping to find a place that won't freak out over that and give me a hard time, especially for the warranty stuff which is clearly unrelated.

Can someone recommend a good place? I don't mind taking it further away if it's going to be a better/mellower place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you need warranty work, you'll have to go to an authorized Lotus dealer. Park Place is the one in Seattle. http://www.parkplaceltd.com/
The next closest one is Ron Tonkin in Portland. http://www.rtgt.com

Had warranty work done at Park Place and they were great.

Can HIGHLY recommend Cantrell for non-warranty work (just had a BWR Supercharger installed there plus tons of other work)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My experiences with Park Place service so far have been pretty good. They forgot to replug my hazard lights in when I had transmission service, but that took me all of 10 minutes to fix. Though the drive home with no signals was amusing! (hazards and signals all connected). Though only reason they missed that was cause they let me come and pick my car up while I waited for a part to be shipped.

"Your new part won't be in until next week."
"Can I come get the car to use this weekend?"
"Sure, just bring it back when we call. I'll bring it around front for you."

They also went out of their way to help with some other stuff. So far so good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, thanks for the pointers, everyone. I have an appointment at Park Place on Monday for the warranty stuff and oil change, and will use Cantrell for the other stuff. Hopefully Park Place doesn't give me a hard time because of the turbo.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts