The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were removed after about 3000 miles and the car converted to track use only. The tires are old so I would remove them to save on shipping.

PM if interested and I can provide photos...

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I am interested. I painted mine black and would like a silver set.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
What width are the fronts? Which of the silver finishes? The year and packages on the Elise they came from would help answer some of that.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
There were different silver finishes on the LSS wheels?
Yes, there were 2 types of finish and two widths. To be honest, I have forgotten what the difference was so someone else, chime in.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
There were different silver finishes on the LSS wheels?
There were three. Initially, on the first '05s they were clear anodized. After the first month or two of production there were too many quality issues with the LSS wheels due to problems with the anodizing process, so they temporarily offered people who ordered cars with the Sport Pack the option to take the cast Euro Exige wheels and a $500 discount, or wait until the forged wheels were available again. As a quick fix, they went with a dull silver paint. This lasted until just about the switch into the 2006 model year, when they moved to a "dark chrome" style paint similar to that used on the base wheels. They've used that ever since.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There were three. Initially, on the first '05s they were clear anodized. After the first month or two of production there were too many quality issues with the LSS wheels due to problems with the anodizing process, so they temporarily offered people who ordered cars with the Sport Pack the option to take the cast Euro Exige wheels and a $500 discount, or wait until the forged wheels were available again. As a quick fix, they went with a dull silver paint. This lasted until just about the switch into the 2006 model year, when they moved to a "dark chrome" style paint similar to that used on the base wheels. They've used that ever since.
Great back-story to that. Thanks for clarifying.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The wheels are from a 2005 Elise. They are anodized and in very nice shape...Not Paint...Located in Florida...Best offer over $1000.00

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Do we have a price yet?

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Sorry about asking price again. The last few words in that line stating the price did not come through on my phone. Done know why, maybe too long a sentence.

Can we get pictures of the wheels? Or did I miss that too.

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
I made a tool to clean inside spokes, but tired of doing it.

Painted those crevices black and thought it looked good.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Photos...

I thought I posted the price but I guess I put it into a response to a PM...I am looking for the best offer over $1000.00 I did not put on my marking hat and wash these but they are in great shape with no rash and just need the brake dust washed off...Note the Lotus Valve stem covers...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts