The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my left rear Ohlins ('06 Lotus Sport Elise) is leaking and the dealer is trying to get a replacement located.

I have heard talk that the spring rates on the ohlins that were fitted OE on the '06 Lotus Sport Elise are different from the Ohlins coilovers you buy from the Lotus Sport catalog. I am concerned that I am going to end up with one corner having the wrong spring rate on it.

Is there anything to my concerns?

I guess I could just wait till it shows up and make sure that the spring markings are the same as on the right rear spring.

your thoughts?

·
Registered
337 Posts
You should easily be able to check - the spring should have a code stamped on it indicating the spring rate and maybe also length / inside diameter. This should match the new coilovers spring.

If for any reason they were different you could simply switch the spring from the old coilover to the new one.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I can only imagine the dealer will order the coilover assembly by its original part number, in which case there should be no confusion. Still not a bad idea to check it out after it's replaced.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Send the shock to Ohlins USA

So my left rear Ohlins ('06 Lotus Sport Elise) is leaking and the dealer is trying to get a replacement located.

I have heard talk that the spring rates on the ohlins that were fitted OE on the '06 Lotus Sport Elise are different from the Ohlins coilovers you buy from the Lotus Sport catalog. I am concerned that I am going to end up with one corner having the wrong spring rate on it.

Is there anything to my concerns?

I guess I could just wait till it shows up and make sure that the spring markings are the same as on the right rear spring.

your thoughts?
Send the shock or better yet all four shocks to ohlins USA , have them tested and serviced . They turn them around in about 3 days

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Many race shops are authorized rebuilders, as well.
You could handle it locally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts