The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the Lotus produced wheels that come with all Lotus Sport editions. i am sure that info is available.

·
He's on fire!
3,255 Posts
sorry to tell ya mike, but lotus made those wheels in different widths, so the question is relevant. (and I am NOT talking about comparing the fronts to the rears)

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Not good salesmanship either…I don’t think it’s sellers market out there and I asked you a question. Good luck in selling them…

·
Registered
830 Posts
Look on the inward-facing lip of the rim. It's etched into the metal there.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's a set of LSS wheels. They only difference in these ever was whether the fronts are 6 or 6.5 inches, which in practical terms is not hugely relevant. There was an early batch that was anodized, the rest were painted.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Andy, I didnt realize that there was any difference but for those interested i will check the fronts to determine if they are 6 or 6.5. They came off of a 2006 so i am going to guess that they are 6.5 but I will confirm and post.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
It's a set of LSS wheels. They only difference in these ever was whether the fronts are 6 or 6.5 inches, which in practical terms is not hugely relevant. There was an early batch that was anodized, the rest were painted.
Nope...only 6.5Jx16 (5.5-Kg about 12-lbs) ET31 in anodized or painted. Rears are 7.5Jx17 (7Kg about 15.5-lbs) ET38 also anodized or painted. BTW, OP is a lazy SOB.

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Fine, whatever, believe what you want to believe.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Those number listed there are not Lotus part numbers...
He's right, for the 2008 MY Lotus changed the front LLS wheel to be 6" wide instead of 6.5". This makes a difference too, especially if someone is wanting to use a wider tire to help with the inherent understeer the car has.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Darn I was excited, really want another set of real Lotus Sport wheels. Silver, anyone have any? I've a new set of black to trade etc?

Yoko%20slick%20and%20wheel.jpg

On car now

orange wheel.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Holy crap those are hot! What exactly are those wheels? I've never seen them before, but I likey!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Mike, I'm a little confused because you have two listings on eBay. Do you have two sets or just one for sale? I'm local, can I come and check them out for condition anytime?

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for letting me know, i will fix the ebay ad. i meant to just lower it and i think it created a second ad. I am around and the wheels are in novato. email me at [email protected] to set something up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts