The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am still not sure if I want to do this but I am not too crazy about a Lotus Sport windshield banner that I have at the top of the windshield. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to remove it and how.

Thanks much.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Takes 2 seconds, comes off very easily. Had one on the car when I purchased. Started peeling at an edge while washing the car, so I took it off. Kind of like the look of the car without it.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
simple...

get one of these

& some of this

razor the corners of the sticker & start peeling

the razor wont scratch your windshield, but spray the glass cleaner where you will be scraping the sticker & it'll help lift the adhesive better

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
yes - since it is a Lotus, you really don't have to shout "It's a Lotus"!.
Which is kind of how it looks with those things installed.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Cheapest way is to just pour hot water on the sticker. :)
Not always a good idea.

The shock of hot water can can crack the windshield. Now that it's summer, just let the car soak up some sun and that will be more than enough to soften it up. You should be able to get it started with a razor and then likely be able to peel the whole thing by hand... possibly in one piece too.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Maybe if its winter.. But if it is warm weather the fastest way to remove those sticky stickers is to pour hot water on it. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Was that banner standard with purchase? I bought mine used, and I just assumed the previous owner had put it on, but maybe I was wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts