The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2009 Lotus Elise - Purist Edition

YES !
The latest special edition from Lotus cars announced today 4-23-2009...I Literally got this e-mail from Lotus just 30 minutes ago !

We can order just two cars only - I am ordering a Saffron yellow and a Monaco white example, both with starshield, which is the only option. What a terrific deal this Elise is. These are 2005 Model Year prices !

You can expect to take delivery within 90 days if you claim one right away with me, Adrian at Lotus St. Louis. If anyone out there wants an Ardent Red example instead , a deposit and buyers order will secure that change for you.

Call me, Adrian Hill at Lotus St. Louis 1- 636-449-0000
or e-mail me : [email protected] if you would like me to e-mail you the actual color Lotus P.D.F ~ I Couldn't figure out how to post that so this is a copy and paste of the text !

Pur-ist (pyoor'ist) n. Someone who insists on great precision and correctness.

Lotus Cars USA, Inc. is proud to introduce the 2009 Lotus Elise - Purist Edition. The Purist Edition Elise gets back to the basics of “Performance Through Lightweight” and features a lower base MSRP, all while retaining the true essence of a Lotus:
"Everything you need, and nothing you don’t" Colin Chapman.

Base MSRP: $43,995*
Exterior:
• Lotus-designed lightweight epoxy-bonded, extruded aluminum chassis
• Integral steel seat-belt support structure and lightweight steel rear sub-
frame
• RTM Composite fiberglass body
• Removable soft top with stowage bag
• High intensity projection beam headlamps
• LED taillights with integral reflectors and daytime running lights
• Aluminum alloy fuel filler door
• Aerodynamic rear diffuser
• Standard paint colors- Ardent Red, Saffron Yellow or Monaco White
Engine and Driveline:
• 1.8 Liter, 190 hp, mid-mounted 16 Valve DOHC 4-cylinder engine
• Multi-point fuel injection system with electronic ignition and throttle
control
• 6-speed transaxle with lockout reverse gear
Interior:
• Black leather seats with Probax anatomical padding
• 4-speaker stereo with in-dash CD player
• Leather-trimmed Momo steering wheel
• Sound deadening insulation
• Central door locks and intermittent windshield wiper
• Air conditioning, starter button, tinted glass and carpeted foot mats
Suspension and Braking:
• Fully independent suspension with unequal length wishbones
• Bilstein gas dampers, Eibach coaxial coil springs and front anti-sway
bar
• Power assisted 4-wheel ventilated/cross-drilled disc brakes
• Lotus/AP Racing & Brembo calipers with anti-lock braking system
(ABS)
• Silver finished alloy wheels – 5.5JX16 front, 7.5JX17 rear
• Yokohama Neova high performance tires – 175/55-16 front, 225/45-17
rear
Safety and Security:
• Dual supplemental restraining system with seat belt pre-tensioners
• Factory anti-theft alarm system with engine immobilizer
• Tire pressure monitoring system, progressive shift lights
• Power door locks with remote control
• Door remote integral with key
• Concealed radio antenna
Warranties:
• 3-Year/36,000 mile limited warranty
• 8-Year chassis corrosion warranty
Options
• Starshield $995
Ardent Red Saffron Yellow Monaco White
Pictures are for color illustration only. Shown with Euro wheels, car will have std. 190 Elise wheel.
Pur-ist (pyoor'ist) n. Someone who insists on great precision and correctness.
Manufacturer reserves the right to modify/change standard and optional equipment without notice. Base MSRP does not include inland freight. April 2009

Snooze you lose is the order of the day on this purist edition Elise gentleman! :D

Adrian Hill of Lotus St. Louis / Tel: 1-636-449-0000

E-Mail : [email protected]

·
Registered
263 Posts
snooze you *lose, not loose ;)

·
Registered
263 Posts
you spelled loose correctly though, so the spell check did its job!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there an application out there that is a little more, say, clever than spell check that you know of ? something that suggests other words instead of the one you used or says "did you mean this....?" for example, like a browser does ?

I am not exactly a computer wizard and have often wondered if something that questioned one's grammar as well as the spelling existed.

Completely off topic, but it's my post so I forgive myself ! :D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
How does this differ from a regular elise, without touring, sports (etc) packages?

How does monaco white compare to Aspen and Ice (pearl) white?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
How does this differ from a regular elise, without touring, sports (etc) packages?

I could be wrong but it looks like it has an upgraded suspension (maybe the lss) and it has different wheels. It also has leather seats.

Monaco white is flat rather than pearl or metallic like the other whites.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. For decades Lotus has gotten extra 'miles' out of a model by mostly cosmetically upgraded 'special' editions.

With this car, Lotus hasn't even bothered to bling one up. Just call their base car a 'special' addition. Maybe because few are actually ordered that way!

Which makes it even more curious. Take the car in a way almost nobody orders it, meaning almost nobody wants, then call it special. In the upside-down world of Lotus, it might turn out to be marketing genius!:bow:

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. For decades Lotus has gotten extra 'miles' out of a model by mostly cosmetically upgraded 'special' editions. Notable exceptions would be the X180R Esprit, the Lotus Sport Elise, and the Club Racer Exige. Most of the others are for show (Jim Clark Esprit, JPS Esprit S1, California Elise, 72D Elise, JPS Europa).

With this car, Lotus hasn't even bothered to bling one up. Just call their base car a 'special' addition. Maybe because few are actually ordered that way!

Which makes it even more curious. Take the car in a way almost nobody orders it, meaning almost nobody wants, then call it special. In the upside-down world of Lotus, it might turn out to be marketing genius!:bow:
It's not a base car at all. In fact, it has touring and sport pack items included.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
A purist needs leather? A CD player? Sound deadening? A/C? Floormats? Tire pressure monitoring system? Interesting.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
They forgot something.

A pure sports vehicle needs to be purely offered in pure black.

I hope the Star Shield will be able to deflect police radar and lasers and Porsche Photon Torpedoes.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'm digging the equipment list, especially if the only carpet is the floor mats. I don't care for the side sill carpeting and am indifferent to the rest. It has all the other touring pack niceties and is $3.2k less than the base model, $4.8k less considering the touring pack equipment. Too bad it doesn't have 195's in front though.

Unlike most Lotus special editions this one cost LESS!

Ardent Red please.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

^^^

The "purist" comes with everything that's in the ($1600 touring package) apart from i-pod interface,leather trimmed transmission tunnel area and door inserts. It has the same Probax leather seats, same Momo leather wrapped wheel....It's a real deal at $43,995 compared to a regular 2009 Elise base which is $47,250 and then add $1600 for touring pack $48,850 vs $43,995 --- Lotus want to sell cars that's all !

We ordered ours already...July Delivery estimate.

Monaco is a solid (refrigerator style) pure white, Aspen is Metallic and Ice is a 3 layer pearl finish.

Cheers,

Adrian Hill - Lotus St. Louis -636-449-0000 or [email protected]

·
Registered
166 Posts
They forgot something.

A pure sports vehicle needs to be purely offered in pure black.

I hope the Star Shield will be able to deflect police radar and lasers and Porsche Photon Torpedoes.
Lets not forget Lambo disruptors *shudders*

Sounds like a good deal though. Bump, hope you get them sold.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
My guess as to the differences...

I don't think the suspension is any different from base/touring. IIRC those cars have Bilsteins w/ Eibachs too.

In addition to the deleted carpeting, ipod interface, & cupholder... no mention is made of power windows so perhaps the manual winders have returned. Although I thought the subcontractor for the originals went under or discontinued them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm digging the equipment list, especially if the only carpet is the floor mats. I don't care for the side sill carpeting and am indifferent to the rest. It has all the other touring pack niceties and is $3.2k less than the base model, $4.8k less considering the touring pack equipment. Too bad it doesn't have 195's in front though.

Unlike most Lotus special editions this one cost LESS!

Ardent Red please.
I agree. I thought the side sill carpeting just looked dumb and that if sound deadening was a big deal, don't buy an Elise.

I took a while to find a base model with only Starshield and don't regret the decision a bit. I have had Mercedes and BMW with all the creature comforts and way more power, but Jimmy, my base Elise is a keeper.

I originally planned to get Trim Shop seats but the cloth Probax are really good for driving on hot days with the top off. We get a few days like that in So Cal ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They're here.....Got my new 2009 Purist edition Elise 190's today ( August 25th ) One is Ardent Red with 4 miles ,the other is Saffron Yellow with 5! Both have the same $45,120 Total M.S.R.P! Hope to get them through P.D.I and ready for a photo shoot Tomorrow.

They really are a terrific value,They are basically a touring pkg Elise for $43,995 plus destination. They have Black Leather trimmed Probax seats, perforated Leather Momo steering wheel, Alpine C/D with 4 speakers , One thing I didn't know about but looks great is that they came with a light Grey leather door panel & Black leather inserts,apparently, exclusive to the "Purist" edition - I'll hopefully have put pictures up by tomorrow.

Only got the two ...so let me know if you want to secure one!

Adrian Hill - Lotus St. Louis - 636-449-0000 - [email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts