The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an OEM Lotus Stage 1 exhaust for sale. Only had it on the car for about two months or so and bought it from someone who claimed it had 8k miles on it. I just upgraded to the Stage 2 so just clearing shelf space.

This is one of the best *looking* exhausts for this car in my opinion. It sounds a bit throatier than the stock exhaust but the exhaust tips are larger, sticks out further, and generally looks nicer.

Asking $175

I will ship, but local pickup at 07675 gets priority

Photos attached

Attachments

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Very interested, do you happen to have a sound clip or know of one?

Also can you post some better pics of the tips? I want to see the inside and a closer shot of the tips. I like how my exige isn't too loud, I just wish it had nicer and longer exhaust tips. the rolled edge on the stocks and visible smaller diameter pipe in the stock tips are horrible.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is a pic of the tips. I don't any/ know of any sound clips unfortunaly. The best way to describe it is almost exactly like the stock one but a tad louder when you get on it. It wasn't as loud as I thought it would be, so got the stage 2. I would consider this an aesthetic mod over anything as it uses the same muffler (with a bit less packing) as the stock

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also to note, it will fit the stock difusser fine. No cutting required like the stage 2

·
Registered
201 Posts
Having heard this in person, I would say it is an amplifier of stock. Whereas other exhaust have a complete different sound, this just enhances all the details of the stock so it is more "sporty"

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having heard this in person, I would say it is an amplifier of stock. Whereas other exhaust have a complete different sound, this just enhances all the details of the stock so it is more "sporty"
Ha thanks Mike. I forgot I gave it a few revs for you and Lee

·
Registered
395 Posts
Very interested, do you happen to have a sound clip or know of one?

Also can you post some better pics of the tips? I want to see the inside and a closer shot of the tips. I like how my exige isn't too loud, I just wish it had nicer and longer exhaust tips. the rolled edge on the stocks and visible smaller diameter pipe in the stock tips are horrible.
I've had the Stage 1 exhaust on my car since about 6 months after I bought it. For cruising, it's about the same loudness as stock with absolutely no drone. When you get on it, it has a deeper, throatier sound than stock, and maybe a little bit louder. To me, the stock exhaust has a kind of whiny insect noise to it, which the Stage 1 eliminates. I didn't notice any performance difference versus stock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts