The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the name of the sticker with the E and a little swirl thing above it. Where can I get one of these. I did a search and could not find any info. I see this sticker on the side of cars on the roll bar cover. I think I remeber it being a award by the queen or something. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Not sure that award ever went to the Exige. I think it was an award for excellence in design -- for the Elise.

In a recent interview in Her Majesty magazine, the queen said "I've never much cared for the Lotus Exige. I find it very awkward and I tend to bump the Royal Crown when getting in and out."

In other news, she mentioned that she's recently given the newly created "Princess Diana Memorial Award" to Mercedes-Benz for their work in vehicle safety. The logo is a picture of a tunnel. Commemorative stickers of the logo can be purchased at Harrod's or through their website.

:D

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
The award is not for the car, its for the business:

The Queen's Awards for Enterprise: International Trade 2002
HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN has been graciously pleased to confer Her Awards in 2002 upon the following business units in recognition of their outstanding achievements in International Trade:

<table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="1" width="576"><tbody><tr class="bodytext" bgcolor="#cccccc"><td align="left" valign="top">Group Lotus plc
</td> <td align="left" valign="top">Norwich, Norfolk </td> <td align="left" valign="top">Car manufacture and engineering consultancy services</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The award is for innovation leading to an increase of British exports.

I believe it was really for a scheme to export the Exige to the colonies and make people who want a supercharged one pay twice.

When the Queen heard about it she laughed so hard she wet herself.... just a little.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
UKphil said:
The award is for innovation leading to an increase of British exports.

I believe it was really for a scheme to export the Exige to the colonies and make people who want a supercharged one pay twice.

When the Queen heard about it she laughed so hard she wet herself.... just a little.
rotfl

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
polarbear said:
My exige came with the sticker in the set of docs w/ the car...I never put it on...you want it?
No thanks, mine resides in the same place. I guess they would be less lonely. I pondered putting mine on the car several times but couldn't figure out where I wanted it.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
so... can someone inform me as to where i could get one? as far as i can remember, the car I'm looking at doesn't have one... I'd like to add it.

thanks.

p.s. I found this thread through a search

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
so... can someone inform me as to where i could get one? as far as i can remember, the car I'm looking at doesn't have one... I'd like to add it.

thanks.

p.s. I found this thread through a search
dealer or lotusgarage.com

oemparts/elise exige/exterior fittings/decals, badges/#6
SKU: A117B0501F $6.31

1 - 12 of 12 Posts