The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
On the waiting list, Jan 10, 2001.

Thanks to zOOmz (and _JD_) for the graphic!
edit to change back to 2001

·
Registered
347 Posts
Others worthy of remaining on Randy's island

Shinoo (sector111), Mitch (raceandprestige)and Robert Puertas (blackwatchracing) bringing cool stuff to future enthusiasts and also helping to keep this board going.

Kiyoshi for an incredible amount of work (both visible and behind the scenes) to pull off an amazing WCLM with only one new demo Elise :clap:. Just imagine this event with 100 or so Elises :D :D :D

Wallaby guy and all the others who helped get Laser blue as an option for the US.

Any lurkers from Lotus (UK or US) who helped get the Elise to the US.

All the ROTW folks who have so patiently responded to requests for more info, pictures, etc. from those of us in the US.

The Chrome Orange Mafia for providing an abundance of color related, interesting reading material.

Zoomz/Shaynak/etc. nice art. This forum has been both intellectually and aesthetically stimulating.

The Wedgies (modern/antique) probably first Father/Daughter elise combo. There can't be too many of these out there.

And of course locally, the SVAG wait list folks (I think this forum contains at least half of the first 14 depositers) and the Sunnyvale FEOs I expect to see 2-3 other elises ("besides" the one at the Sands Museum) within 4 miles of my home before I get to order :(

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Randy,
you sure that's not 2002? I don't recall them announcing it until just before the LA auto show, ca. dec 2001
Just curious
Chris
Oops. You are probably right. It's my age you know.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Waiting since April 2001. When Rothrock said "It ain't comin, but I can take your deposit and start a list I guess....".

Heh. :p

LOVE the Survivor logo!!!!!!!!!:bow:

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
yeah, that logo is excellent!! LOL!!

so who will be able to outwait all others for the elusive elise?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
Randy,
you sure that's not 2002? I don't recall them announcing it until just before the LA auto show, ca. dec 2001
Just curious
Chris
On further thought, I was on the informal waiting list for the year BEFORE the car was announced as coming over. Symbolic created an informal list after the previous LA Auto Show. They started taking deposits on the car in 2002.

See-
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=5705#post5705

·
Registered
305 Posts
Were you part of the petition?

Anyone remember the internet petition campaign circa 1999? I think they got over a hundred people to e-mail Lotus saying that if the Elise was brought over here, they'd buy one.

I wonder what percentage of the folks who signed the petition are actually buying one?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts

it is pretty uncanny where designers take inspiration. imagine designing an insect to look like the elise! pretty sinister looking but the wasp seems to have gotten a second windscreen wiper.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
zoo...amazing resemblance to your avatar in that alien picture

1 - 20 of 27 Posts