The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there’s a video game out there that has the Lotus test track in it? My trip to Hethel is coming up soon and I want to prepare and familiarize myself. I have a PS3 and PS4 and I’ve tried looking in my old gran turismo games but I don’t see the track in it. I haven’t played video games in years so I can’t remember if that track was ever in one of my games.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can’t recall which one, might have been one of the GT’s or...
You can design tracks. Doubt it would ever be exact

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did they re-open the track? When I was in Europe 2 years ago for about a month and a half, I wanted to do their Lotus track day, but they had closed the track and were not offering it at that time. I won't say it ruined the trip, as I got to do lots of other stuff I wanted to do there (St. Andrews, Normandy beaches, Guinness brewery tour, etc.), but it was one of the things I really wanted to do while I was there. If they did re-open it for that, please post, as I'm thinking about going back next year for a bit, and would for sure put this on the list of activities.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Did they re-open the track? When I was in Europe 2 years ago for about a month and a half, I wanted to do their Lotus track day, but they had closed the track and were not offering it at that time. I won't say it ruined the trip, as I got to do lots of other stuff I wanted to do there (St. Andrews, Normandy beaches, Guinness brewery tour, etc.), but it was one of the things I really wanted to do while I was there. If they did re-open it for that, please post, as I'm thinking about going back next year for a bit, and would for sure put this on the list of activities.
I ran their track last year and drove an Exige 430 Cup and Evora 410.

Later,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They did. My wife bought me their factory tour/track day packages for my 40th birthday. I’m going in a few weeks. I can’t wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They did. My wife bought me their factory tour/track day packages for my 40th birthday. I’m going in a few weeks. I can’t wait.
I am so jealous of you right now... I was literally going to do that exact same thing for myself for MY 40th birthday, but couldn't...

On the other hand, have a BLAST and enjoy the trip! I'm still going to be jealous of you though... :grin2:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello
I have been running Historic Lotus tours for about 15+ years, mainly for members of a Lotus Ltd. Normally based around the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival, if anyone details please contact me on [email protected] or FB...Parramint Pictures.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Hello
I have been running Historic Lotus tours for about 15+ years, mainly for members of a Lotus Ltd. Normally based around the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Revival, if anyone details please contact me on [email protected] or FB...Parramint Pictures.
Richard gave my wife and I a tour while we were over there and I would highly recommend it. He is a very charming chap with a lot of stories to tell.

Later,
Eldon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts