The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please sign the petition I created at whitehouse.gov (see link below) aimed at extending Lotus's exemption from import regulations that keep us from seeing the Exige S for the street here in the US... and possibly soon the Evora. I do not have any affiliation with Group Lotus and I'm just a life long supporter. We need 150 votes for the petition to be searchable and 100k votes in 30 days for a response. Tesla reached 129k in petitioning for 50 state sales.

I'm not on all of the forums and I have a busy flight schedule so if you guys could help spread this link, that would be a huge help. Even if this petition does not reach 100k votes, this kind of positive support towards Lotus might go a long way. Also there is legisgation in the works elsewhere to change the regulation on low volume import sportscars that this petition builds a case for. The NHTSA makes their rulings based on what it believes are the public's interest. Let's tell them what our interest our as owners, prospective buyers, and fans a like.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...es-importation-lotus-evora-and-exige/pXgJm3sr

One of the goals:

Attachments

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I wish the threshold was lower, but oh well... Signed!

By the way, we might have better luck contacting a legislator. But I have no idea who would have the authority much less be sympathetic to the idea

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
405 Posts
There have been several efforts to pass a bill that creates a 'small volume exemption' which is what the rest of the world has for niche manufacturers. Might be a better idea to find out the bill numbers for this and contact the sponsors and/or your representatives to express your support.
An example is H.R.3274 - Low Volume Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Act of 2011, although I don't know if that is the latest one or not.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Only 99,970 more to go!
makes me wonder if lotus even has that many owners in its companies existence? :p

might be beneficial to throw this petition up on other forums like 6speedonline & similar enthusiast communities

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Done! Keep bumping this forum so it stays on the top!!!

Super quick...Very easy...

BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

·
Registered
277 Posts
Now 99,964 to go!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Signed the Tesla petition, of course i'm going to sign the Lotus one!

·
Illegal Alien
5,259 Posts
If only we had 100,000 Lotus owners the company would be in total different financial shape. In sign up process now.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts