The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Illegal Alien
Dude UK media stated it is going to be the stop gap car before the new all electric platform. Yes, it will seat above the Evora GT. Whoever told you that it will be priced to compete with the C8 is wrong doesn't know what is talking about just like you. I just stated facts from UK media interview with CEO of Lotus. Surely he knows more than you.

Regarding Lotus electric cars price...well

-Tesla Roadster base price $200,000
-Founders Series Price $250,000

You talked to "factory" 馃ぃ 馃ぃ 馃ぃ馃ぃ
LOL, Yes I talked to the Factory before releasing my deposit, I thing he was the janitor, but actually, they initialed the conversation with me through an email asking me to call them.

I have asked you this before, who are you? Your LT profile is very lacking. You continually post photos of Evora GT's in dearer inventory, you say you talk to Dealer's, who unfortunately I find either don't know some things or are restricted by NDA's as to what the factory and Lotus USA does tell them. Oh and if you haven't yet learnt in your life experiences, quotes out of media interviews are not all facts, as editing and removal of context can change the story to fit the publications story.

Illegal Alien
The question haven't seen asked (or answered) is: will it be available in the US?

Kevin
Is which car available in the US? Both the Evija and (last ICE) Project Gamma i.e. >>> Type 131 >>> market name tba are to be spec'd and sold in US.

Reactions: kestrou

Registered
Since Lotus is kind of famous for using the "go parts" from other makers maybe they could do a top trim Evora that incorporates the system used here : Vonnen - Performance Hybrid Technology For Porsche Cars

More or less you replace the battery and flywheel with an add on EV system that adds electric torque before the transmission. The power : weight ratio of the system is better than an Evora 400/GT so even though you added weight your gain power : weight ratio. Combine a system like this with refreshed materials and you could likely still get to around 3000 lbs.

Registered
Is which car available in the US? Both the Evija and (last ICE) Project Gamma i.e. >>> Type 131 >>> market name tba are to be spec'd and sold in US.
I mean the "last ICE", but thanks for the clarification...

Don't think I'll ever buy an Evija, but next/last generation ICE should be within my grasp! :)

Kevin

Premium Member
I definitely think I will just wait till I see the release, unveiling, new specs etc before making any moves unless I uncover a ridiculous deal on a leftover. All the GT's I find out there are 2+2>>NO!!
Black pack>NO!!
Glass hatch>NO!! I'd love the rear hatch like my Evora is now setup. The contrasting color stands out more IMHO

Attachments

Registered
Effort to transform 2+2 into 2+0: about 20 seconds and sounds of deep velcro pulling. 馃ぃ

Hickory, NC
I put off buying a new GT because the HP numbers are not there. Power to weight bla bla, HP & torque equal fun
(Ask me about my 675HP/1000FtLb
Diesel breathing monster)
When they have an offering close to a used Mclaren price, with the looks of an exotic, and HP of Lambo, I may consider Lotus again but my Evora NA leaves me wanting more

Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
Discussion Starter #29
LOL, Yes I talked to the Factory before releasing my deposit, I thing he was the janitor, but actually, they initialed the conversation with me through an email asking me to call them.

I have asked you this before, who are you? Your LT profile is very lacking. You continually post photos of Evora GT's in dearer inventory, you say you talk to Dealer's, who unfortunately I find either don't know some things or are restricted by NDA's as to what the factory and Lotus USA does tell them. Oh and if you haven't yet learnt in your life experiences, quotes out of media interviews are not all facts, as editing and removal of context can change the story to fit the publications story.
Who am I? ....just a Lotus Driver. I started the GT thread to get more Lotus fans to see the cars and dream about getting a 400 or GT since they are almost identical...people like to see pictures of cars specially a car that is hard to find on the road. The more people learn about Lotus car the more demand for them and that helps resale value. I'm not keeping my Lotus cars for ever.

Dealership owners travel to the factory often some have very good insight on the upcoming model. I saw the clay model of it last year (picture).

I'm not quoting the media...I'm quoting the CEO of Lotus. I got to the UK often and the CEO was on TV on the BBC and stated what I wrote.

Registered
June 15 2020

"The yet-unnamed sports car would occupy a more premium segment than usual for Lotus, surpassing the brand鈥檚 regular $56,000-$98,000 base price bracket, according to UK publication. "

Maybe it will sound like the electric motorcycles?

Illegal Alien
Who am I? ....just a Lotus Driver. I started the GT thread to get more Lotus fans to see the cars and dream about getting a 400 or GT since they are almost identical...people like to see pictures of cars specially a car that is hard to find on the road. The more people learn about Lotus car the more demand for them and that helps resale value. I'm not keeping my Lotus cars for ever.

Dealership owners travel to the factory often some have very good insight on the upcoming model. I saw the clay model of it last year (picture).

I'm not quoting the media...I'm quoting the CEO of Lotus. I got to the UK often and the CEO was on TV on the BBC and stated what I wrote.
Yes the factory tries (pre C-19) to hold two Dealer Meetings a year the the factory, where they have question-answer sessions and new product plan presentations. Of course the dealers are clamped down with NDA's.

Registered
I put off buying a new GT because the HP numbers are not there. Power to weight bla bla, HP & torque equal fun
When they have an offering close to a used Mclaren price, with the looks of an exotic, and HP of Lambo, I may consider Lotus again but my Evora NA leaves me wanting more
IDK.. the McClaren isn't going to remind you of the diesel that is for sure, it is a turbo V6! May I suggest the audi/lambo V10 instead...

Premium Member
Care to do some laps in that diesel.? Then you may learn that there is life beyond a straight line. . Reality has curves.

Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
Discussion Starter #34
i hear you but I came from a 2013 Evora NA to a 2017 Evora 400 manual...they may look similar but they nothing alike. Of course it is not a 570s fast but IMO way more fun and unique. So many people had told me that they are tired of seeing McLaren, Ferrari and Lambo cars so they really welcome the Evora 400/GT, it makes them smile. Even a Trooper that pulled me over recently stated that he鈥檇 never seen a Lotus since the 70s. 馃槀He just gave me a warning and I had to thank my car for that.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts