The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to you all

I have a plan to run a tour (www.lotour.com) in late October27-1Nov. The tour will include 5 nights bed and breakfast in Norwich, a tour of Classic Team Lotus, Lotus factory,plus other 'interesting' Lotus sites including ACBC final resting place. A trip to possibly the largest collection of F1 cars in the world, Donington museum, a 'Lotus' dinner with guest speakers and of course the Lotus Driver Training Experience at the Hethel test track. The Driver training is restricted to 8 people only, so it will be on a first come basis. If you are interested please email [email protected] or 011 44 1508 482753 for details regarding price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've done this trip with Richard and both it and he are a whole lot of fun. It's a Lotus enthusiasts dream. My instructor for driver training was none other than Alastair McQueen, cheif Lotus test driver for about thirty years. It's way cool driving the track on which my Esprits and now Elise were developed. During lunch I got to speak with Dave Minter about Esprit suspension setup, what an opportunity!

We were all completely jealous touring the production facility, as back then (2002) we could only watch helplessly as Elises were being built for other markets. Now we can go see our being built! :clap:

Highlight though was visiting with Clive Chapman at Classic Team Lotus.

The trip is a blast to do with Lotus friends so maybe we can have an exclusive "EliseTalk/Club 111" tour!

Wishing you all clear roads,
David

·
Registered
186 Posts
I was actually thinking of doing something like this the next time I visit England. Sadly it can't be that soon :( I'm already taking a vacation to Italy in Sept. Maybe next time. It sounds like a great time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Works for me!!
Sign me up Richard.:clap:
I may not be able to have my Elise but the timing is about right for me to visit it on the line being assembled.
With the driver's training I may be able to get my Elise home without requiring bodywork! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a quick update regarding the tour in October, the date has been chosen Oct 27-Nov1. Lotus will accept only 12 people on a driver day, which means places will be limited. At the moment 8 places available. How much will this trip cost ? I am in the process of hearing back from hotels, car rental companies etc.
The last Lotus Tour I had 42 people, so unfortunately there will be a price difference compared to the www.lotours.com price list.
Well thats about it for now, for those of you waiting for the Elise...keep the faith, there is nothing like it, a true Chapman car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lotus Tour UK

Exchange rate is such a pain ! So here it is, the pricing for the Lotus 5 day tour

October 27 - 1 Nov

Single 2416.00 US (Lotus LTD member 2316.00 US)
Double 2850.00 US (1 driver) (Lotus LTD 2750.00 US)

Price includes collection and drop off at Airport(s) Gatwick or Heathrow, Driver Training Day, visits to Classic Team Lotus/Cars, Donington Museum, Lotus meal, 5 nights bed&breakfast and me for 5 days !!!!
Not included, a few meals, if you get time to be hungry..there's so much to do !
Please email [email protected]

Best wishes
Richard

1 - 8 of 8 Posts