The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
My guess is that this mail is about Lotus' search for a suitable motor for the Esprit replacement as it mentions the M5 motor. Possibly there's a Toyota 'box being tested for use in the car with an "F1" designation?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Lotus Engineering does work for many automakers, this is probably unrelated to any Lotus production vehicle.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I would love to see Lotus involved in F1. I'm sure that they are capable from a technical aspect but money is a huge factor in F1. Maybe the Lotus/Toyota relationship that we are enjoying in our cars in a relationship that may extend to future F1 participation? Then again...maybe just wishfull thinking on my part!

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Comment posted at bottom of article:

f1prancinghorse - 9/23/2004 10:08:12 PM
Title: New Lotus Will Be World Class
Comment: Word is Lotus has not determined engine or transmission for Next Generation "Esprit" Replacement, yet. Turbo V-8 rumors & N/A V-10 rumors abound. For sure the "New" model will be a world beater!!! & Likely be late in its intro, just like my Elise!...But Oh it will be worth waiting for!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Think "Vette" for the gearbox JD!, I am told that this has been discussed and the price is right. Lotus did ask Pro-drive and Ricardo but they want +£5,000 a box!

The French box is cheap, but nasty and only 5 speed.
Cheers
Mega

1 - 6 of 6 Posts