The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on track with my Elise for the first time this past weekend and was not getting a shift light at 8,200-8,500 RPMS or hitting a rev limiter above that... I accidentally went to 9k rpms which is how I figured this out. I was shifting at high rpms all day with no shift light and was able to confirm on GoPro footage (the bulb is not out either). Also, the car does not restrict me from going above 6k when the vehicle is still cold (I tested this twice).

Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Things you may need to know to help me:
1.) Vehicle: 2006 Lotus Elise with Vision Function SC
2.) No recent tuning work has been done
3.) The car was serviced a few weeks ago where I asked them to check over everything and see if they could fix some of my after market broken gauges like SC boost and fuel pressure... Could they have unplugged something?

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,405 Posts
Video with sound? While I do not have that tune I believe it should still have the limiter at 8,200 and 8,500. Have a reader to make sure the tach is accurate?

·
Registered
81 Posts
> No recent tuning work has been done
To be clear, have you seen the shift light function since getting your current tune, however long ago? You clearly aren't on a stock tune, having the aftermarket SC.

I'm not saying it's definitely a tune, but ensuring we rule it out properly :)

I haven't tuned the Elise yet, but this sounds like the sort of thing I could have screwed up while tuning my other cars. I know that rev limiter is a configurable variable, and presume the shift lights are as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
> No recent tuning work has been done
To be clear, have you seen the shift light function since getting your current tune, however long ago? You clearly aren't on a stock tune, having the aftermarket SC.

I'm not saying it's definitely a tune, but ensuring we rule it out properly :)

I haven't tuned the Elise yet, but this sounds like the sort of thing I could have screwed up while tuning my other cars. I know that rev limiter is a configurable variable, and presume the shift lights are as well.
I purchased the car about a year and a half ago with the tune and SC already installed and have not made any adjustments since owning the car. I even called Monkeywrench and they had never heard of a similar issue.

·
Registered
608 Posts
"1.) Vehicle: 2006 Lotus Elise with Vision Function SC"

Here's your problem. Vision tunes are not complete and they've probably negated your rpm controls.
Contact BOE and get their Fastwerks software. BOE is familiar with VF tuning problems and can give
you an fix for your ECU.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here's your problem. Vision tunes are not complete and they've probably negated your rpm controls.
Contact BOE and get their Fastwerks software. BOE is familiar with VF tuning problems and can give
you an fix for your ECU.
Great info, thanks a lot! I will definitely give them a call

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
370 Posts
Just and FYI. The stock cold motor tach flash/engine kill is 5000rpm's on a stock ecu tune.

Henry
'07 Exige S

·
Registered
49 Posts

you an fix for your ECU.
Good luck with that! I've been after BOE for months regarding my current tune and getting my Elise to pass emissions here in Colorado. They either provide me with half answers or ignore me entirely. Been weeks since I last heard from them when they finally told me I need a different tune and I responded (multiple times) asking how I get that tune....just crickets from them. I am waiting for a reply and in the meantime I am sitting on a car that I can't legally drive at the moment. To say I am annoyed with their lack of customer service is an understatement.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Good luck with that! I've been after BOE for months regarding my current tune and getting my Elise to pass emissions here in Colorado. They either provide me with half answers or ignore me entirely. Been weeks since I last heard from them when they finally told me I need a different tune and I responded (multiple times) asking how I get that tune....just crickets from them. I am waiting for a reply and in the meantime I am sitting on a car that I can't legally drive at the moment. To say I am annoyed with their lack of customer service is an understatement.
It's race season so BOE is probably swamped. Sometimes it takes them a while to respond -- but they do, eventually, respond.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry to hear. That disappointing to hear as most of the stuff I have heard about BOE has been positive. Do you have a VF supercharger as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry to hear. That disappointing to hear as most of the stuff I have heard about BOE has been positive. Do you have a VF supercharger as well?
It's the BOE Rev 300 supercharger. I think their products are good. Their post sales service is horrible. I get that they are busy and that's great, but support the old customers in addition to the new ones. I run a small business too. When we get really busy I bring on additional support rather than ignore my customers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts