The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This event will occur on October 3, 2012.

The event is intended to promote our legendary Lotus vehicles and the Lotus brand to a group of international businessmen and is being privately funded by myself and my partner. I am able to offer a full track day at Willow Springs (Big Willow 2.5 mile track) for a limited number of Lotus owners for only $100.00. We are looking for owners with stock or slightly modified, Elise, Exige, or Evora models.

Here is the only catch. I need at least eight owners to allow these business men to do a few laps in the owners’ personal cars. If you are willing to allow one of these men to drive your car, the day will not only be free for you, We will pay you $300.00.

You will be in the car with them and will have full control to tell them to stop at any point. We are fully insured and bonded for the day, and if your vehicle suffers any damage whatsoever we will cover the full cost to repair your vehicle. Documentation of insurance will be provided to those drivers allowing someone else to operate their vehicle.

The track will be available from 9am-5pm and you will have plenty of time driving your car, even if you elect to allow one of the businessmen to drive your car.

The event will be catered and should be a very fun time.

First come first serve (we don’t intend to exceed 20 Lotus cars for the day).

PM me for more details.

Drivers being paid $300.00.

All others paying $100.00.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wow what a deal. Exactly how did you broker this deal? Think we could do something like that down in the Chi area?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I might be ok with letting them drive mine, just two questions:

Do they speak english :D or atleast understand stop and slow down

Will they be there to learn the limits of lotus cars or just get a feel for driving them?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I'm game! Lucky, I'm off from work that week - perfect timing. I've not been out there for over a year!

1. Good2go - Slightly modified NA 05 Elise

·
Registered
151 Posts
So, You say that the cars are insured, but what about any powertrain damage would be covered too, ie clutch, gearbox, Engine over-rev. Given that Lotus Cars USA is not involved in this "opportunity", Is Lotus Engineering offering any special warranty on that stuff?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE - To all interested parties please be advised that this event is not officially sponsored by Lotus Cars or Lotus Engineering.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I might be interested.

Do you have exclusive use of Big Willow on that day?

Tell me more about your insurance. Is it the normal course/event insurance or do you have some additional policy(policies) that will specifically cover damage to cars on course? I've organized a few track day events and the mandatory event policy does not cover damage to cars.

Will you have the course fully staffed (course workers, medical staff)? I'm not sure what Willow Springs requirements are these days.

Who will be supplying these businessmen with helmets and other safety equipment?

Will they be sitting through a track safety and basic drivers course prior to driving the cars? A Lotus driven on course by a newbie without proper instruction, that can lead to some highly dangerous situations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts