The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I received a news report today from Google stating that Lotus has announced a deal with Pasha, an international vehicle transportation company, to prep and ship our cars from the ditribution centers in GA and CA.

It looks like Lotus has diagnosed, and hopefully, found the cure for the transporation problem.

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
congrats to the guys in Georgia for figuring this issue out. Many of the delivery complaints will now disappear.:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I thought that the cars on the west coast already were going from the Port of Long Beach to the Pasha Distribution Center in San Diego to be unloaded. So, perhaps this means that they also will handle transport to the dealers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that is what is intended. I'm sorry that I do not have the link to the news article, but I bet we could search "Pasha" in Google News and find the story.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is it.

Lotus Chooses Pasha to Process, Transport New Elise Sports Cars to Dealers

CORTE MADERA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 11, 2004--Lotus, makers of one of the "world's finest sports car," has chosen The Pasha Group to handle national port operations and inland distribution services for the U.S. arrival of its world-acclaimed Lotus Elise sports cars. Dubbed "the racecar for the road," the Elise will be available in the United States in September.

Pasha, which provides logistics services throughout the factory to dealer chain for numerous auto manufacturers, will process and arrange processing for incoming Lotus Elise cars at port facilities in San Diego and Brunswick, Ga. Pasha will make the vehicles showroom-ready after their arrival in the United States and then deliver the vehicles to Lotus dealers throughout the country.

"Pasha's reputation and diligent attention to detail made them a clear choice for Lotus. With an eye to the same high standards as Lotus, Pasha will be an integral part of our team delivering the Elise cars to U.S. dealers and customers," said John English, president of Lotus Cars U.S.A.

"Working closely with Lotus, we developed a supply chain solution to process and deliver their vehicles meeting the highest quality standards that dealers and consumers expect from a manufacturer like Lotus," said Richard Frick Jr., senior vice president business development, automotive and distribution services at The Pasha Group. "We're very pleased to establish this relationship with Lotus and hope our successful U.S. operations lead to a greater partnership between our two companies."

In January 2003, Lotus announced it would expand its presence in the United States with the introduction of a U.S.-specific version of its new Elise. With dealers in more than 20 states, Lotus Cars U.S.A. is adding new dealers in key market areas, making the vehicle more accessible to its expanding customer base.

The Pasha Group first began processing automobiles in 1942. Since then the company has been processing, distributing and handling logistics for numerous domestic and international auto manufacturers. The company's flagship operation at the Port of San Diego, one of the ports where the Lotus vehicles will be handled, processes over 300,000 vehicles per year, using factory-trained personnel and factory-authorized processing systems to make vehicles showroom ready. Pasha then distributes vehicles by truck and rail to dealers throughout the United States. All of Pasha's automotive port facilities are ISO 9001 certified.

Pasha's extensive experience in automotive logistics makes its new venture, Pasha Hawaii Transport Lines, a natural progression. Pasha Hawaii Lines is currently building the MV Jean Anne, a 579-foot roll-on/roll-off, Pure Car/Truck Carrier ship at VT Halter Marine in Pascagoula, Miss. The MV Jean Anne is the first vessel of its kind to be built in the United States and is expected to be in service in the first quarter of 2005 with fortnightly service from the West Coast to Hawaii. Pasha Hawaii Transport Lines is a joint venture of Corte Madera, Calif.-based The Pasha Group and Stamford, Conn.-based Strong Vessel Operators.

About The Pasha Group

The Pasha Group is a 60-year-old global transportation and logistics company. With headquarters in Corte Madera, the company serves the automotive, transportation, relocation, maritime, distribution and project logistics industries. More information about The Pasha Group, its services and locations can be found at www.pashagroup.com.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I could be wrong, but I thought Lotus has always used the Pasha Group for prep here in San Diego..

Maybe this is now public / PR material, or maybe they renewed a contract, but I don't think this represents any actual change in operation.

I posted their info in a thread a while back on the San Diego port operation.. I'll see if I can dig it up. I'm still up for a photo recon trip out there sometime just to see if any cars are visible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Randy G said:
--Nov. 11, 2004-- ... the Elise will be available in the United States in September.
Hmm, datelined November, so I don't understand use of the future tense when referring to September deliveries. Also don't understand why it was so hard to make transportation arrangements from the beginning.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
I thought Pasha was the one prepping the cars all along?
Chris
Yup. Chris is correct. LCU has been using them from the onset.

This is OLD news. Knowing big companies this Release was written by marketing months ago and it finally got approved by legal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts