The Lotus Cars Community banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Awesome Package!

I'm going to meet with Justin on Friday to get the ball rolling on a TrimShop order.

How long did you wait?

Also, if you don't mind sharing, what sort of labor did John charge you for the install?

Thx

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Alcantara is actually a trade name (like 'kleenex' or 'band aid'.

They are all pretty much of the same family - faux suedes.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
hate to bump a thread that hasnt been touched in almost a year, but since the lotus website is a complete mess and I dont know if Robert is still around (hasnt logged in in almost a year), who is the go-to person these days to ask about lotus trim shop stuff?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Robert is still on, he logs on under Wallabyguy. The British Racing Group is going strong, but the trim shop is Lotus based and is shut down. BRG did say that they are looking into starting their own trim shop later this year.

You can order some trim shop stuff, like a leather console and seats, but they're all essentially stock black.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Damen - yep, it's local only now.

No worries though - any decent upholstery shop should be able to do what you want to do. These are easy cars to work on for that purpose.

What are you looking to do? It would involve shipping parts, but James - yellow99s - is a custom upholsterer and is a wizard. Check out the threads on his car. He's done stuff for me and is doing some for CheungMS. If it's seats, shipping would be cost prohibitive, but for things like door cars, center tunnel, sills, etc, I'd ship it to James and have him work his magic!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Then he's your man.

We both did our interiors in two tone alcantara (Miami Suede). Mine is black and charcoal (quilted), his is charcoal and lighter grey and some perforated alcantara.

His ENTIRE interior is covered in alcantara so if anyone knows how to cover Elise sh*t in alcantara, it's James.

Both Ming and I have been to his shop - his work is top notch! That's your best bet.

Check out his car in the 'Heavily Modded seats and real cupholder' thread.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Feeler, My buddy who I work with at GM is leather wrapping a bunch of stuff for me. He can do leather, alcantara and pretty much anything else. He has a ton of experience. Would people be interested in him to do parts of their car? His work is incredible.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
203 Posts
Also, here's our current price list, note some dealers' pricing may vary.

Lotus Trim Shop - Custom Interior Pieces

Standard Seats - Probax -- $925 each
Sport Seats - Probax -- $1250 each

Door Panel - Outer -- $125 each
Door Panel - Insert -- $75 each

Sill Covers -- $130 each

Center Console -- $310

Shift Boot only -- $40
E-Brake Boot only -- $40

A/C Surround - Leather -- $75
A/C Surround - Alcantara -- $100

Instrument Binnacle -- $200

Sill Pocket - short -- $85
Sill Pocket - long -- $130

CD Case -- $55

Turn around time is approximately 8 weeks.
We'll need your VIN and design choices to initiate an order.
We take your cc info, but do not run your card until the item is here and ready to ship out to you.
Pricing does not include shipping from us to you. Sorry, they will not drop ship.
Robert I know this is old but do you have a webpage? The prices are a little dated. Thank you. Mai

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.