The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd like to upgrade my seat/seats to the probax and figured might as well get them from the trim shop. However, with a CO car I'm at a loss as to what design to go for. I fear that going the 'traditional' route of body color for the center panel will be a bit too much with OJ. Any thoughts, pictures? I did a search but I'm not finding many CO cars that have had their interiors redone.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
If you don't want to go for orange inserts (which I personally think would be awesome) orange stitching will be more subtle yet still be totally sweet. Possibly piping?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SweetDaddyD said:
If you don't want to go for orange inserts (which I personally think would be awesome) orange stitching will be more subtle yet still be totally sweet. Possibly piping?
Thought about that as well, the stitching would look great on the leather console for sure. I'm thinking OJ inserts and have a good mental image of it. I'm hesitating a little because I think it may be too much. Not having seen pics isn't helping either.

Edit, there is a picture of the ordersheet around here somewhere. Been searching for it to no avail. Anybody remember where it is?

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it.

Designs
1, 3, 4, 5 look good. Others in OJ would be too much I think.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Do they have a silver material?? Something that would match the interior aluminum instead of the car color. Or the other way around...silver edges with black center panels....some combination like that??

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I would do a combination of carbon leather, alcantara and orange stitiching.
Similar to the picture below, although it has red stitching and a fabric center panel...
I think it would look terrific with the orange stitiching and an alcantara center panel.

Do the center console in carbon leather with alcantara boots.

Alcantara A/C surround.

Do the sport seats in carbon with an alcantara insert and bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Robert, that's a great idea. How does alcantera wear? Does it ge the smooth edges like worn out suede?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Over a really long time it might, but it's a man-made fabric, and will look good for a very long time. Put it this way, your leather seats will crack before the alcantara will wear out.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Did my insert with black alcantera, door panels perforated leather with the yellow stitching. Pretty happy with it. Have gone with the yellow leather covers for the shift boot and hand brake, so wanted to keep it a bit understated.

Been looking into doing the side sills. Was thinking of black alcantera. But had forgotten about the CF pattern leather. Robert do you have any better photos of that pattern?

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
I would do a combination of carbon leather, alcantara and orange stitiching.
Similar to the picture below, although it has red stitching and a fabric center panel...
I think it would look terrific with the orange stitiching and an alcantara center panel.

Do the center console in carbon leather with alcantara boots.

Alcantara A/C surround.

Do the sport seats in carbon with an alcantara insert and bottom.
That's exactly what I was thinking. That would look great.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
Over a really long time it might, but it's a man-made fabric, and will look good for a very long time. Put it this way, your leather seats will crack before the alcantara will wear out.
What do you think looks best with a BRG car?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm looking to get some of the orange design 2 seats in my GG, I think that Colour combo will be awesome. Anyone have pics of that ?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
For Babak's car, I'd do the body of the seat in Carbon, the back pad, bottom and head rest pad in Alcantara, with the Lotus Sport logo and stitching in orange.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If only they made them with a sub strap hole b/c they look great but unless someone can tell me differently, they are no more functional than the non shoulder harness seats.

Robert Puertas said:
Better? Uhhh....

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
TOPGUN750 said:
If only they made them with a sub strap hole b/c they look great but unless someone can tell me differently, they are no more functional than the non shoulder harness seats.
Agreed. Although the extra shoulder support does help a little bit under hard cornering...

Yeah, Lotus USA strikes again.
They do offer the sub belt hole to UK customers, but were expressly told by USA not to do it for US customers for fear of liability.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Robert Puertas said:
I'm partial to Red...
That would be traditional. I went with biscuit originally because I thought red might be too much but after looking at some, I like it. When it comes time to redo mine (the wear on the side of the seats is awful already), I just might go that route. Maybe black with red accents to mute it but still be traditional.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts