The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Thanks Chris. It's intriguing that they chose to use a SY/Touring fed Elise for quite a few of their shots, i.e. the trimming section.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
huggy bear said:
Cool. Much better. I didn't know they sponsored a soccer tream. Where can I get a jersey?
No kidding, they also have gear gates.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Painted Calipers (Customers Refurbished*)

Set of 4 inc. labour. *Refurbished calipers are sold on an exchange basis only (Subject to the old calipers being of a refurbishable quality). *lotus sport workshop fitment only.

ALS1F6004F
LSD (s1/s2 fitment) use ALS1F6006S Diff Bearingx2

This torque sensing LSD will enable you to obtain the maximum amount of grip when exiting a corner to achieve extra speed on the straight, essential for minimising laptimes.

COOL!

Check out the parts department

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Huggy Bear, do you get the sense that you and I need help?

Edit: I'm thinking of ordering a shift gate, Lotus sport or Lotus emblem?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The shift gate does look nice - I like the Lotus Sport logo myself. I've only driven the Elise once and thought the gear shift was a little sloppy (used to BMW's, Ferrari, and Miatas), though I suppose you get used to it with use. The gate looks to make it easier to see which gear you're sliding into, even if it's not a real Ferrari-style gate. I've read about a few people having trouble on the 2-3 shift - hopefully the gate eases that a bit.

Congrats to Lotus on finally having a decent web site! Those of us on the waitlists can now order parts and accessories so we'll be ready when the car gets here. Getting out the credit card...

Chris

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
babak said:
Huggy Bear, do you get the sense that you and I need help?

Edit: I'm thinking of ordering a shift gate, Lotus sport or Lotus emblem?

I think we need to go on a 12 step program, but first I have get a fix and order some stuff. :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Chris,

Actually, there is a three part kit that includes a gated shiter, shift knob, and handbrake sleeve for the US Elise. Though I don't know why the rest of the word can mix and match and we get stuck with a kit. For anybody interested, check out part number: LOTAC05359.

If anybody has ordered/installed one, would love to see know it looks and hear if the gate is any help, aside from just looking pretty.

Chris

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Those gates look cool but I don't think I'd be adding shiney bits to my car. I like the minimalist look of the inside as is.

I'd hate for my car to start looking like a fat Harley with chrome everywhere. It's a slippery slope. First you'll add the polished shifter gate. Then you'll add polished knobs. Soon after you'll add tassles to the steering wheel. Then you wear a tassled leather jacket. Next you have fat leathery biker mamma riding shotgun next to you. EEEEKKK! :)

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
huggy bear said:
I think we need to go on a 12 step program, but first I have get a fix and order some stuff. :D
Let the bling begin. :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Ha! Maybe a skinny biker mama, but I'm somewhat confident a fat biker mama won't fit in an Elise!:D

I agree about the chrome though, the shift gate is the only thing I would want to change on the interior... but to each his own!

Chris

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
As of a week or so back the US shift gate/knob/handle kit was not yet available. My service manual showed up though and it should arrive (to me) soon. I really doubt that the gate will have any effect whatsoever on the shifting or 2-3 shifts and what not. If there is a problem there, this is not the place to provide a cure, remedy, or fix. The gate is mounted to a plastic console and then to a flexy stamped steel shift mechanism frame.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
babak said:
Click on the webstore link on the bottom right.
That's expensive! Does anybody know what it's made of?

For the record, I ordered some stuff from the UK website a couple of months ago, and it arrived promptly. I also made an inquiry on something, and they were very responsive.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
wow.. the site looks great - like a real car manufacturer instead of the "my first flash site" look of the US site.

my LCU will hire these guys? ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts