The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,662 Posts
BTW, these are the '06 updates for the UK models, not the US models.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Both new cars now get an oil cooler

So i've got that going for me which is nice.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
"The Super Touring Pack includes the contents of the Touring Pack plus
Engine start button
"
:confused:

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Rhino?

I'm getting a little excited for my Exige. I ordered the Rhino Package.

"The Lotus Exige has similar straight line performance before reaching a top speed of 147 mph - slightly slower than the Elise due to the drag induced by higher levels of aerodynamic downforce, giving phenomenal cornering power, with around 42Kg of downforce at 100mph - the equivalent of the weight of a new-born rhinoceros!"

·
shay2nak
25,069 Posts
hell yeah!! LOok at these gorgeous lights!!!!! Good - the other set will come on under braking it seems.

So the Euros get the compressed RPM stack now. Was funny they didn't before.

The sport pack springs are Eibachs?

Attachments

·
shay2nak
25,069 Posts
Lightweight pedal box

The new cars get a new lightweight pedal box with steel pedal arms and extruded aluminium pads. It has an electronic (drive-by-wire) throttle for quicker and smoother, more linear engine response, reduced brake pedal ratio and improved pedal feel for the brake and throttle, according to Hethel. All three pedals have less travel and are better positioned for easier heel and toeing control on downshifts.

yaaay!!!! LOL!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
shay2nak said:
Lightweight pedal box

...reduced brake pedal ratio and improved pedal feel for the brake and throttle, according to Hethel. All three pedals have less travel and are better positioned for easier heel and toeing control on downshifts.

yaaay!!!! LOL!
F me. I want that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
andykeck said:
F me. I want that.
Andy, don't feel bad... I got to see the new pedals at the Dragon Run last month when riding in the white demo exige, and they definitely aren't the works of art that the '05 and before were. It's a trade-off.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
afborroni said:
Andy, don't feel bad... I got to see the new pedals at the Dragon Run last month when riding in the white demo exige, and they definitely aren't the works of art that the '05 and before were. It's a trade-off.
I've seen 'em too and you're right. They reveal their Vauxhall origins. But if there's any one thing I wish I could change about my car, it would be the brake pedal action.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I've seen the new pedals and the tail lights.

Both are great.

New lights look cool and much more fancier.

The pedals look so much more user friendly. They look like there supposed to.

Personally, I never got the deal with the old pedals as a work of art, if they didn't function well.

I'm glad I'll be getting the new ones.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Stormy320 said:
I've seen the new pedals and the tail lights.

Both are great.

New lights look cool and much more fancier.

The pedals look so much more user friendly. They look like there supposed to.

Personally, I never got the deal with the old pedals as a work of art, if they didn't function well.

I'm glad I'll be getting the new ones.
I drove a white Factory Exige I worked on last spring, the steel pedals performed very well. Today I P.D.I'ed a 06 Elise and brake action was very
nice as well, I agree ! I'll take function over style any day.
All the best, Don

·
Registered
237 Posts
APOGEE said:
I drove a white Factory Exige I worked on last spring, the steel pedals performed very well. Today I P.D.I'ed a 06 Elise and brake action was very
nice as well, I agree ! I'll take function over style any day.
All the best, Don
Man! you guys are brutal... I was just trying to stop andy from f'ing himself... I've tried that and just doesn't work, hurts like hell too. BUT NO, you all just drive the knife deeper about the new pedals... sheesh!

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
afborroni said:
Man! you guys are brutal... I was just trying to stop andy from f'ing himself... I've tried that and just doesn't work, hurts like hell too. BUT NO, you all just drive the knife deeper about the new pedals... sheesh!
Turn the knife, boys, turn the knife. I can take it. I think.

figure I could do a trade-in?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Pedals sound fine but they can keep the drive by wire :eek: !
Tailights look a bit too ricey but I would have to say that they seem to be a safer configuration. The LED ring will command attention and that is paramount with as many rearenders as have been occuring.
:evil:

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I'll measure the relative heights and travel of my brake pedal. It's been adjusted and tweaked to my desires. Having driven an '06 Exige, to me the main pedal thing I noted is the zippier feeling throttle action due to the DBW. You can dramatically help the brake action on an '05 but cannot easily change the pedal leverage...which it sounds like they did on the '06s. I think they are talking about the relative positions of the pivot points versus the length and the resulting ratios.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts