The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an email, or phone # for lotus usa? i can't find anyway to contact them. -thanks!

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I don't think they *want* to be contacted by anyone but the dealers. They certainly don't make it easy to find 'em.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know! ...but i am trying to give them some money

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
ChrisB said:
There is a typo in the list you pointed to:

"222.lotuscars.com" should, I assume, be "www.lotuscars.com".
Damn keyboards...

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Don't call them though... you might upset them because they're such a poor neglected understaffed small company that has to beg for change on the street corner to survive. I heard that John English and Duke Hole wear rags instead of clothes because they lose money on every one of our cars but want to keep the customers happy - because that's what matters to Lotus. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just called Lotus, and the receptionist wouldn't forward me to Rick.

I've NEVER called Lotus in all my 31 months of waiting, and now they won't take my call. They *only* speak to the dealership.... oh yeah.. and Randy, Chris, and a few others.....

31 months and they can't even pick up the phone to tell me where my car is?

I'm so close to delivery, and I need to plan my 300 mile trip to pick up my car.

oh well..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dude,

You're not a customer of lotus cars usa. I agree that they shouldn't talk to us. We're customers of the dealers and should have to go through them. If our dealers won't give us the info or take the time to find out the info we need, that's a whole other problem.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Genjuro said:
Just called Lotus, and the receptionist wouldn't forward me to Rick.

I've NEVER called Lotus in all my 31 months of waiting, and now they won't take my call. They *only* speak to the dealership.... oh yeah.. and Randy, Chris, and a few others.....

31 months and they can't even pick up the phone to tell me where my car is?

I'm so close to delivery, and I need to plan my 300 mile trip to pick up my car.

oh well..:rolleyes:
My dealer laughed when I suggested that they are receiving weekly updates from Lotus. It is likely that my car has been built and shipped, but I cannot obtain any confirmation of these simple facts. My dealer indicated that they will call when they are notified that the car has reached port.

I don't require much notice to make the 200 mile trip to La Jolla to pick up my car, so the "surprise, it's here" approach will do just fine.

A friend recently bought a BMW and she was constantly bothered by updates from the dealer and followup inquiries after she picked up the car. Thank goodness Lotus doesn't believe in that type of harassment. ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
smura said:
Dude,

You're not a customer of lotus cars usa. I agree that they shouldn't talk to us. We're customers of the dealers and should have to go through them. If our dealers won't give us the info or take the time to find out the info we need, that's a whole other problem.

Dude.. that's where you are wrong. I've already debated this one before.. but this type of thinking simply doesn't hold water.

I'm a customer of the supplier of the raw aluminum that makes up the bulk of the car.

The dealer is nothing more than a middleman with a service department.

Essentially what you are saying is that Lotus isn't liable for ANYTHING only because we have this insulating layer called a dealer.

I do not agree.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
jml1952 said:
My dealer laughed when I suggested that they are receiving weekly updates from Lotus. It is likely that my car has been built and shipped, but I cannot obtain any confirmation of these simple facts. My dealer indicated that they will call when they are notified that the car has reached port.

I don't require much notice to make the 200 mile trip to La Jolla to pick up my car, so the "surprise, it's here" approach will do just fine.

A friend recently bought a BMW and she was constantly bothered by updates from the dealer and followup inquiries after she picked up the car. Thank goodness Lotus doesn't believe in that type of harassment. ;)
... funny you should mention that, as I moved away from BMW to purchase the Lotus. If it wasn't for the Elise, I was planning on buying a M3 Cab.

I still have a 325ci, and love it.

Last my dealer has was that the car was in port on the 25th.. perhaps to arrive around the 12th of october. I simply need to confirm or deny that to setup my trip.

I plan on spending the night in the area in case I have any issues with the car. I also have other personal reasons, that I won't disclose that make my planning all the more important.

6 days and counting????

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
So, say you've got 3000 thousand people on the wait list and they all call every time a tidbit hits the bbs. How on earth could they handle that? Logically the dealer is the point of contact for the buyer. HRM among others has confirmed they get frequent updates from Lotus, the fact that the dealer isn't sharing that information with his customer is another point.

Rick's title is DEALER rep.

JML, Symbolic is as lame as ever and you still actually think they'll share any info with you??? Perhaps if you're willing to pony up extra $$$ they'll move you to the head of the class?

Chris

and yes still>>>>

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Really your dealer should be keeping you up to date, they have the same information as LCU. What is with your dealer? When the car is scheduled to be built the dealer gets notified and when is ships they are notified. The only uncertainty is US shipping which has been a little slow to get to the dealer.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
jml1952 said:
My dealer laughed when I suggested that they are receiving weekly updates from Lotus...
Who are you talking to there? PM me if you'd like...

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
So, say you've got 3000 thousand people on the wait list and they all call every time a tidbit hits the bbs. How on earth could they handle that? Logically the dealer is the point of contact for the buyer. HRM among others has confirmed they get frequent updates from Lotus, the fact that the dealer isn't sharing that information with his customer is another point.

Rick's title is DEALER rep.

So, say you've got 1 system that tracks the cars via RFID tags or bar codes. Say that at each scanner you know where the car is. Say you put this on the web. Say you do all this.....then I would imagine that the calls would stop, unless there was an actual problem.

I think you need to stop using those ardent colored glasses to see why things don't need to change. Turn them around and see that things are changing. ;) That fact is; that there are technologies that I have acess to by simply going to sourceforge, mouser.com, and radio shack that would allow me to track the cars.

If a scientists operating on a government grant can track sea snakes and polar bears in the wild, then I think someone can flippen track cars.

Here is a solution... perhaps not the cheapest... but do this. Install a Nextel Cellphone in each car, then use the Nextel provided software to track the car. The owner can then use this to track their car, then after the purchase, they can continue to use this tool to track the car.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I called LOA and thanked them for bringing this car to us. Ain't I a suckup? (oh, yeah-didn't ask for anything-guess not.)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts