The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Members:
I am selling my 97 Lotus V8 twin turbo. My Esprit is without a doubt one of the most immaculate V8 examples around. Cosmetics are superb, most people think it is a new car. Mechanics are in great shape !!! Have extensive records dating back to 1999. All owners have been meticulous and car has been maintained very well since new. Last owner owned it for 7 years and lived in San Diego, I purchased it in August 2011. Since in California has only been worked on by Symbolic Motors, Viking Motors, Newport Beach Lotus, and Lotus by Claudius. Since my ownership Claudius has done the following:

1. Schedule C, New Gates blue HD belts and Lotus Pulleys, about 3 mos ago
2. Royal purple oil change, rest of fluids are clean, 3 mos ago
3. Low idle sensor module replaced, all new 02 sensors replaced, 2 mos ago
4. Right window mechanism was repaired due to glass recently would roll down crooked, 2 mos ago
5. Clutch and 2nd gear were replace by Viking motors about 9k ago. Transmission shifts excellent especially for Esprit. Reverse is great as well, syncros are spot on.
6. Alternator was replaced during inspection at Symbolic before I took delivery
7. Has factory Lotus upgraded ECU (cost $ 2500) and available "Race ECU" might be included
8. Factory Lotus wind deflector
9. All books, keys, toolkit, and expensive hard copy of service manual
10. Rear Michelin tires are in great shape, 75%, front matching tires about 50% but could replace due to age.
11. Rotors are in excellent condition, pads near new.
12. New Bosch battery with lifetime warranty
13. Lotus by Claudius cat back custom exhaust
14. Momo custom red insert steering wheel (factory air bag wheel included)
15. Alpine CD player with IPod plug with upgraded speakers and subwoofer (sounds fantastic)
16. Upgraded at time of new purchase, OZ wheels. I can also offer option of newer style Lotus OZ wheels with new tires for price reduction.
17. Blow off valves. Installation by Claudius by former owner alone was $ 1100 labor.
18. No codes, no check engine light, Lotus handheld computer went through entire system check and it passed with flying colors.

My Esprit has never been in a accident, clean Carfax and Autocheck, 37.5 K original miles. Just passed smog last month easily with California stringent regulations. Red exterior/black interior. Interior is close to new as possible, wood dash insert trim has no cracking etc. Leather dash is perfect with no wrinkling. All window glass is original and perfect. No oil leaks, does not consume any oil. Last oil change the oil was golden as new after 2100 miles. Complete suspension was inspected by Jason at Claudius and is in good condition. My car runs absolutely perfect, gets over 24 mpg on freeway, runs cool and cooling system operates as it should. Must see to really appreciate. Lastly, have clean Calif pink and current registration. Want to find new home by Spring. Reason for selling is cutting down the weekend toys and reorganization of garage to make room for my motorcycles. Pics coming soon or please message me for high resolution pics. $ 27,500 obo
If you have additional questions my cell number is 213 216-2285 Thanks Charles

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Sounds nice and nice price too! POST PICS!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi 91MR2:
I have tried but Esprits are pretty difficult to sell apparently. If a potential buyer checks out my car they will be very impressed. Anyone is welcome to call Symbolic Motors near San Diego or Lotus by Claudius for verification of mechanical condition. Have such comprehensive records. Last owner was so meticulous, if he heard/felt even the slightest of anything, off she would go to the mechanic for checkup. Esprits are such a great value compared to other exotics. New was over $ 89 K back in 1997 plus extras. Now with all the preventive maintenance done and newer clutch and 2nd gear, I believe my Esprit is best value I have seen anywhere. I look every day. Thanks

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes post pictures or email them to me [email protected] You never know who is looking. I've been looking for a nice v8 esprit for a while, preferably 02-04, yellow or orange but for the right price and condition anything is possible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics sent to wildpachyderm, potential buyer came over yesterday to check out my Esprit. He was extremely picky and was very impressed with overall condition of car. He has owned Ferrari 328, 355 and Lambo Diablo. Commented about the very nice gearbox feel in relation to what internet has said about Renault transmission. My gearbox is for whatever reason really precise and not clunky, even reverse is very easy to engage.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Posting for LotusforCC

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I liked your car so much when you had the ad up before that I saved each picture in a folder on my computer. Wish I had the $$$, it would be an easy and fun drive back home to San Francisco this weekend. :)

Hope it helps you and a potential buyer out. :UK:

Roy

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Roy !!! Appreciate the additional pics to help my cause. She sure looks great, I know will miss my Esprit to death once I find a new home for her. If I was not so much into motorcycles, would just keep her for sure. :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello. to answer question regarding last pics posted by turbo R . the new car sticker in front winshield has been in place since i bought car in Aug 2011, Since i dont have front plate thought it was safer to just leave in place to cut down chance of fix it ticket in Calif. thx

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's find a new home in February ! Pretty crazy still have my car, if you view her in person very confident you will agree this is a better than a great price and even better car ! All records and mechanics are as nice as any Esprit. Not much more I can say. Smog certificate has readings that are next to nothing, superbly tuned.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Is that Calypso Red?
Nice car......

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Congrats Charles!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts