The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my annual property tax bill for my 2006 Lotus Elise. The state valued it as follows:

2007 - $40,000
2008 - $40,475

BOO YA! :D

·
Banned
874 Posts
Dude, its just a trick for you to pay more in taxes. Thot all u knew that by now-poke-

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
So i just got my annual property tax bill for my 2006 Lotus Elise. The state valued it as follows:

2007 - $40,000
2008 - $40,475

BOO YA! :D
They actually tax you on the cars that you own out there as part of your prop tax??!? how much?

Here in Cali, it's just part of yearly car registration thru the DMV I guess, otherwise the govt doesn't care how much our cars are worth.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They actually tax you on the cars that you own out there as part of your prop tax??!? how much?

Here in Cali, it's just part of yearly car registration thru the DMV I guess, otherwise the govt doesn't care how much our cars are worth.
4.5% of assessed value each year :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
No state taxes in florida woohoo

Registration is about 30 a year i believe.

·
Banned
874 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Are you crazy????????????????
The Government is in the business of stealing your money by any means necessary........NOT THE CAR APPRAISAL BUSINESS.
Obviously this is a money grab for them, as is everything else.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
But seriously, I think 05's are creeping up or holding strong in the low 30's. 32-34k? A few months ago I would have thought more like 29.5k-31k. Now I can't too many that low. And what's with V8 Esprits, they are holding strong too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ouch! Here I am, hoping used prices drop like a rock so I can pick one up as a toy, and they're only going up! ;)

Seriously, I feel your pain on the personal property tax in NoVA. And just as seriously, if I were you I'd dispute the assessment with the County.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Cars are not investments.Seldom do they ever appreciate in value.
Rare classics in mint condition , however, do tend to rise in value if you're willing to wait some 20 years.
A used Lotus Elise will only appreciate in value after a stealership gets its hands on it.
In other words go try to sell your used Elise to a Stealership for the same price they sold a lesser conditioned Elise for last week.
It's not going to happen.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Cars are not investments.Seldom do they ever appreciate in value.
Rare classics in mint condition , however, do tend to rise in value if you're willing to wait some 20 years.
A used Lotus Elise will only appreciate in value after a stealership gets its hands on it.
In other words go try to sell your used Elise to a Stealership for the same price they sold a lesser conditioned Elise for last week.
It's not going to happen.

Why would they or should the price their cars like that. It's called the retail business.

·
Banned
874 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts