The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've never lusted after a Lotus in all my 20+ years into modifying and enjoying fast cars until now! let me share..

Was actually looking to getting a 2009 Nissan GTR but for some reason I got an 2007 Exige S instead!

Coming from a long line of modifying high performance japanese cars, my last project was a Honda S2000 turbo charged producing over 500whp. Quite a beast but right now I'm loving the Exige for its lightness and purity!

My 07 has Stage III exhaust from factory and everything else is stock. Only had it for about 2 weeks and already I'm thinking about 2010 rear wing, HKFEVER's CF side skirts and Blade 300 upgrades! I think this lot would make my dream machine!... for now anyway.. The Stage III screams and am actually shocked at how it screams like a F430 at WOT! :D I grin from ear to ear every single time!

Can't wait for the sun to come out and the roof off for some tunnel action!:D

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yep, I love mine too! My Elise was fantastic. My Exige is freaking awesome!

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
That looks terrific! Congrats.

I've had and driven some high-powered cars. Somehow, the low mass and usable performance really appeals to some of us.

Some of those other cars were fun when going very, very fast. But, the Lotus is fun at almost any speed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks terrific! Congrats.

I've had and driven some high-powered cars. Somehow, the low mass and usable performance really appeals to some of us.

Some of those other cars were fun when going very, very fast. But, the Lotus is fun at almost any speed.
Exactly my thoughts! ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I guess the Exige is much more 'pure' and mechanical and requires more driver skill as opposed to all of the GTRs electronic gizmos taking away the 'rawness' of driving a race car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts