The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a student currently in grade 12, and at the end of the year my school formal is coming up. I was wanting to drive my own car rather then take a limo, and therefore i'm in search of a nice luxury or sports car... aka a LOTUS. As I am a student, I'm on a tight budget, but my parents own a few resturaunts in Brisbane. I could offer you a banquet dinner for four along with our family xtrail as a "bond" so that you can be sure that it is a genuine deal. I would really appreciate it if you could make that possible. It has always been my dream to have a lotus, exige in particular and i will end up owning one myself. I just really hope there is a brisbane lotus owner out there willing to let me drive it in order to start my passion that they already have. I have been driving for a good year now so no problems with my driving whatsoever - and of coarse i could show you this in our own car first so you feel comfortable, i do understand how cautious people would be with their own lotus and i could show nothing but respect to that. I hope this ad gets some attention.
Thanks Guys:wave:
RaJ

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'll start driving now...........Lets see, should I take the Bridge or the Tunnel..........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hi,
...As I am a student, I'm on a tight budget, but my parents own a few resturaunts in Brisbane.
I allows misspell restaurants too.
Here's a helping hint rest-Au-Rant (You know what a rant is?)

RaJ - It might be easier looking in country than overseas for a one off.
aussieelises

If it was me I would insist that you have the $3k or so insurance co-pay for an undeclared driver in hand... But I am too far west.

Good luck

·
Registered
466 Posts
Mate, try your luck here instead - The Australian Elises/Exiges Forums | What you'll need to remember in the back of your mind is, because of your age, it is impossible to get insurance coverage even as an owner. I very much doubt anyone will take such a big risk unless you are prepared to offer a fairly large sum of cash.

Year 12 means you're 18 if I'm not wrong. In short, you're under 21. There are no car rental companies anywhere in Australia that will even rent you a "sports car" under 25 let alone 21. The most flashy car you can easily rent is an automatic Audi A4 convertible with a 1.8 turbo from Europcar. However, you bet that they will have the same issue - Nobody will simply insure because the risk factor is just too high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks for the other forum link. Yeah i do know what you mean about the insurance thing, but like i've driven a lambogini before and i'm also an ambassador for my actual city council. I do know sometimes accidents do happen, but i highly doubt any will be of my cause. But thanks again for the links!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts