The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the Lotus dealer today and asked about purchasing an extended warranty. The gentleman said Lotus does not offer one. I corrected him, and said it did. He said, well, we do not offer it.

Where else can I go or call in order to get the extended warranty before it is up on my car?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Thanks RoadDad :up: - I personally haven't seen this from any dealer I have ever worked with. I too will be interested to know if anyone knows what dealers actually offer the Lotus extended service plan.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought my extended warranty from Park Place in Bellevue, WA shortly after buying my used Elise (from them). I don't know why any dealer would not offer it as they are just reselling the official product from Fidelity and it seems like easy money to me. Just don't forget to haggle a bit.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Lotus is teamed up with JM&A and your car has to be under factory warranty to be able to get extended warranty however, not all dealers are signed up so it may vary dealer to dealer. Not many aftermarket warranty companies cover Lotus and the ones that do are so-so. Save your money and forget the warranty...you'll hardly ever use it after the factory warranty is up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It does not have to be under a factory warranty, as my car was not when I got it. However, it was checked out by an authorized Lotus dealership (before they sold it to me) and I only had a 14 day window to get the warranty. As far as it being worth it, we'll see. I got an extended warranty on my last lightly used car (Subaru WRX) and it never needed any work, even in the 3 years after the warranty was up before I sold it. The warranty was priced very well in this case and given the premium on working on a Lotus I though it was definitely worth the risk.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Many ******** here on Dogpatch own them Fuzz!

So I went to the Lotus dealer today and asked about purchasing an extended warranty. The gentleman said Lotus does not offer one. I corrected him, and said it did. He said, well, we do not offer it.

Where else can I go or call in order to get the extended warranty before it is up on my car?
Do a search for "schwacked". The company is called JM&A out of Florida. Some Hoople blew their Rice-a-Roni lump and they replaced it at no cost to the owner. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got a check engine light yesterday (I think it's the O2 sensor), so lets see how the "official Lotus/Fidelity extended warranty" works.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have a 75,000 mile/5 year ext warranty from fidelity that I got a park place but i totaled my Elise. Will it transfer to a newer Exige?
A lot of the contracts allow you to get a partial refund for the time that you have not used up. You might want to look at your contract and contact the company. You might be able to at least get SOMETHING back.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
(just an FYI)

check engine light stuff... well.. anything related to emissions (like o2 sensors) is legally under a 7 or 8 year and 70-80k miles warranttee. If it's not just cali law, it's possibly federal law. Emissions related equipment has it's own minimum requirements regardless of the car manufacturer's standard warranttee.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts