The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I debated getting it...does anyone on the forum have one?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have one as well, got it last Christmas and the band is falling apart. Trying to find out how to get a new one is a pain, not sure what to do now. The warranty does not cover the band, only the watch. Aside from that, I really like and have gotten many positive comments.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
kone...just curious, how is the band falling apart?

It is stiff rubber (like a diver's watch) held in place with set screws.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Don't get it. It is garbage. If you want to buy watches, when you come over this weekend, I can show you a few of mine, that you will like way better.

Buy quality;)
Jealously is a bad trait and I dont want to get it...if you start showing me a drawer full of VCs, Bubble Backs and Pataks I might come down with a bad case

·
Registered
138 Posts
Both of the rubber pieces that hold the band in place while it is on broke. The spot where I always secure the watch when on is cracking from taking it on and off. I love the watch and it has taken abuse, but the band is really annoying me. Now I don't know what to do, I called Lotus and they said I have to contact the watch maker in England. You would think Lotus would support it, but I have not gotten much help from them.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I will trade you some Hamiltons, Pateks, Rolex, Blancpain, Panerei for the Vette and Elise plus life long free maintenance on both;);)
I need a Khaki X-wind, sell one to me cheap :D

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
I need a Khaki X-wind, sell one to me cheap :D
Funny that is the exact one I am watching currently. THE STIG, who hangs out with me a lot, and is a big watch collector himself, says that is his favorite watch of my collection. "Very sturdy and masculine, looking," his word.

I love the watch. Funny thing is, one of my cheapest watches, gets the most compliment, and I really really like it.

He is in line if I ever sell it. Problem is, I just buy watches, I never end up selling any of them.:wave:

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I do all my own maintenance...including watches!

I have a couple of old Hamilton 982s, seamasters and pocket watches that are fun to tinker with...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have one and have worn it every day for over a year with no problems. I get lots of positive comments about it.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This watch is no longer being made or sold by Lotus (unless a dealer still has left overs in stock).

I have been informed Lotus plans a replacement - a different style - but that was months ago when the Type1 was discontiued.

I have a type 1 and I like it - it's unique and has a little Lotus flash. I am cautious about wearing it though since there aren't any more being made. I was afraid it would be too big - but it actually doesn't look too overbearing.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
klone, last year I sent mine back to the manufacturer (in the UK) for repair under warranty. They answered my e-mail and were courteous and quick in repairing and returning the watch.

You may want to contact and ask if they could provide a new band. Check the instructions (if you have it) for contact info. Otherwise, PM me and I'll send you contact details.

I seldom wear mine...to personal track days and Champ Car races, when I want a chrono to check lap times and don't want to carry a stopwatch. It is a cool piece, eventhough it may not be of highest quality.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have one and have worn it every day for over a year with no problems. I get lots of positive comments about it.
Same story here. Got mine last April. TONS of people have complimented me on it. Big hit with the ladies. Always thought it would look too big (my arms are not huge), but is actually very proportionate. Has never faulted in any way, and I have bad luck with watches. Wear it every day for every occasion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts