The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that nearly every day for the past two years I've browsed this forum there is so snide remark on the cars weight dealing with someone having touring etc on their car... Which yes. It is a luxury having AC / Radio / Power windows and airbags in the touring.

But IMO the best weight savings would be the individual themselves! I mean all you ppl complaining how heavy are you???

What is the average lotus drivers weight?

Myself: 5'8 and 122lbs :popcorn:

So I feel I'm allowed to have AC and a radio!! :p

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
^ some of us are not girly men and like to work out in addition to race.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ some of us are not girly men and like to work out in addition to race.
hahaha I'm a runner! thus why I keep my weight to a very lowwww amt.

but I always just laugh... I mean yes 10lbs savings is 10lbs! but I believe the person themselves can lose that weight pretty easy...

Hell I feel like a fattie at 122lbs right now due to an injury.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
There have been 2-3 threads on this subject already if you search, I think one even had a poll.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Sorry, just trying to be more like the leader of my state.

I run to, 6'1" 170. Been on a mission to hit 180 for over a year and cant seem to do it!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Sorry, just trying to be more like the leader of my state.

I run to, 6'1" 170. Been on a mission to hit 180 for over a year and cant seem to do it!
Just wait another 20 years... you'll probably get there :rolleyes:

Since I was your age, I've moved around between 167 and 200. Currently 6'2" at 190. I'd like to lose 10 but I'm addicted to Star Bucks Frappuccino :eek:

·
Registered
815 Posts
5'8" 140lbs.

If I stop eating for a day, the pounds start to fly off me. I have to stuff my face with anything/everything just to maintain. :p

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
5'8" 140lbs.

If I stop eating for a day, the pounds start to fly off me. I have to stuff my face with anything/everything just to maintain. :p
hahaha your one of "them" lol :D

i'm 5'7 and 205 pounds.

i played football for highschool and college and have been keeping up with that workout program.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I can not imagine any 5'8 man weighing only 122....how big are your waist and shoulders?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i'm 5'10" and 225. If I lost 50 pounds off my fat ass I am sure I could go 0-60 in about 5.5 seconds

....you should be able to break into the 4s regardless of 50 lbs...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
It seems that nearly every day for the past two years I've browsed this forum there is so snide remark on the cars weight dealing with someone having touring etc on their car... Which yes. It is a luxury having AC / Radio / Power windows and airbags in the touring.

But IMO the best weight savings would be the individual themselves! I mean all you ppl complaining how heavy are you???

What is the average lotus drivers weight?

Myself: 5'8 and 122lbs :popcorn:

So I feel I'm allowed to have AC and a radio!! :p

My GF weighs slightly more than you.

I am not light but I could never be your weight. Not built that way.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I am one "of those guys". I work and work to get the lbs off my car at all costs. Titanium, carbon fibre, glass removal, etc. I am 5'10" and weigh between 190 and 200# was like you guys for many years 165-170 and couldn't seem to gain anything no matter what I did, lifted weights energy/bulk drinks, etc. Once I got into my 40's the weight came and mostly just a fill out of my body. Yeah I have a bit of a belly but not a big pot belly as of yet. Lucky for me I have a skinny a$$ so getting in and out of the car is no problem. Also was a L.D. runner from 15-20yrs old.
If you treat your weight as a constant then the weight of the car is really important. If you are talking smack about "lightweight" Loti then you surely have never driven one. The differences in handling and acceleration are unbelievable:eek::drool::D
I am happy with my current weight. I was working out 3 days a week for the last two years previous to November when my work moved away from my gym. Even when I was working out hard I was still in the 190-200 range but in much better shape.
I'll keep working on getting the lightest possible car.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Six foot and 210 pounds here. It came on about ten years ago and before that, I was 170 no matter how much I ate or drank. Been as high as 230 but that was before the Lotus. I constantly watch what I eat now and realize that the weight I can lose off my body is a heck of a better and cheaper way to improve my driving pleasure. I gotta take my hat off to anyone willing to get crazy with weight reduction because the performance results are absolutely unbelievable.

I track my car. I am becoming more and more tempted to take the pasenger seat out of my car just so people will quit asking me for rides. I'm a nice guy. It's difficult for me to say no. I instruct. What type of ambassador can I be if I refuse to genuinely good people? To anyone else that tracks their Lotus, you know what I mean. A passenger generally adds almost 10% more weight. Ouch!!! Without the seat, I just might have the best possible solution for me and have a great place for a cool shirt reservoir.

I know I'm going to eventually submit and gut mine because I have yet to drive any other car that is more fun to drive at speeds than the Lotus.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
15-20 years ago I did competition judo in the 140lbs class.

About 5 years ago I decided to put on weight. It took a lot of effort to gain 40lbs, but I went on a strict exercise plan along with Lasagana and Ice Cream milk shakes. It was tough, but I did it over a summer. Lots of bike riding too so that I wasn't just gaining fat in all the wrong places. :)

Now approaching 40 I weigh in at 180lbs @ 6'2". I could lose some weight, but it wouldn't be all that healthy of me. Better off the way I am, I'll drop something off of the car if I want to add lightness. :)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I'm a 6' 2" fat ass. Was 195 last summer, my wife complained I was getting too skinny, I'm now 215 (down from my peak last month of 225) :(

I'm on a diet now, lets see how fast I can get to my target of 185. My wife will have to deal with me being a little skinny by her standards

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm a 6' 2" fat ass. Was 195 last summer, my wife complained I was getting too skinny, I'm now 215 (down from my peak last month of 225) :(

I'm on a diet now, lets see how fast I can get to my target of 185. My wife will have to deal with me being a little skinny by her standards
My wife does that to me too. She calls me her "little round man". It torques me everytime I hear it but she's so good to me. It got down to 180 and she was crying and upset because she convinced herself that I was dying.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
6'0". Two months back I finally bought a scale again, weighed in at 195. Cut WAAAY back on the beer during the week, and now am 185. Goal is just under 180.
Cheers,
Skottoman

1 - 20 of 51 Posts