The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I’m the new guy to the website but I’ll try not to act like one too much but I did want to post a few question to the experts and enthusiast out here, so be patient you may see a few post from me with no intent to spam.
But first topic I’ve been doing a few minor calculations and I wanted to get some other peoples conclusion and thoughts. I’ve seen several post concerning the weight of the Elise and weight reduction possibilities. I’ve noticed the 2001 UK elise (still an S2 right) real report weight in previous post around the 770kg range (1700 lbs which is just 65 higher than the sector11 spyder) 250lbs higher than the US version. Now I know due to federal law (especial all the 201 impact) things like airbags, maybe additional panels are added, but judging for myself with some calculation it still seems to be more than just the engine and a few bolt on’s. Personally weigh both my airbags and corresponding brackets and sensor I was at like 13lbs, now add wiring other features (ABS maybe) I’m still thinking it would be hard to account for all of it. Has anyone done a deep dive looking for where the weight comes from?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts